Education: University Of California, Berkeley
Profession: Computer Scientist
|Famous For||Being the head of Google Search and Assistant|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 182 cm
in meters- 1.82 m
in feet & inches- 6’
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Best Paper Award at the Ninth International World Wide Web Conference (WWW9)
• Distinguished Alumnus Award, UC Berkeley Division of Computer Science (2006)
• Laurea Honoris Causa from the University of Bologna (2009)
• Distinguished Alumnus Award, IIT Madras (2012)
|Date of Birth||September 25, 1960|
|Age (as in 2019)||59 Years|
|Birthplace||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|College/University||• IIT, Madras
• UC Berkeley, California
|Educational Qualification||• BTech from IIT Madras
• PhD in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from the University of California, Berkeley
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Amba Raghavan
Some Lesser Known Facts About Prabhakar Raghavan
- Prabhakar Raghavan is one of the Senior Vice Presidents at Google and supervisor of Google Search & Assistant. Prabhakar heads Google’s Advertising and Commerce merchandises, including search, display and video advertising, analytics, shopping, payments, and travel & more.
- Before being promoted as the Search and assistant head in 2020, Prabhakar worked as the Vice President of Google Apps, Google Cloud, he directed engineering, products and user experience.
- Prabhakar’s mother, Amba Raghavan was a Physics teacher at the Presidency College, Chennai.
- Prabhakar is the co-author of two extensively-used graduate writings on algorithms and search: Randomized Algorithms (1995) and Introduction to Information Retrieval (2008). Apart from that, he has written a book comprising Algorithms and Computation: 4th International Symposium, ISAAC ’93, Hong Kong, December 1993.
- He has published more than 100 writings in varied areas and being a Computer Scientist he also owns 20 issued patents, including several on link analysis for web search.