Age: 12 Years
Hometown: Ballari, Karnataka
Father: Harivardhana Reddy
Some Lesser Known Facts About Prakruthi Reddy
- Prakruthi Reddy is an Indian child singer who is known for lending her voice to the song ‘Komma Uyyala Kona Jampala’ in the movie RRR, which was released in 2022.
- She started singing at the age of four and also took music training in traditional music. She sings songs in three languages, Tamil, Telugu, and Hindi.
- She gained a lot of prominence in 2018 after her participation in the StarPlus singing reality show ‘Taare Zameen Par,’ which was judged by Shankar Mahadevan, Jonita Gandhi, and Tony Kakkar.
- In 2018, she gave auditions for the show Rising Star 2 but was not selected due to a lack of votes from the audience.
- She participated in various other reality shows including Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li’l Champs Season-12 (Kannada), Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Lil Champs (Telugu), and Bol Baby Bol 10 (Telugu). Prakruthi was one of the six semi-finalists of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Telugu.
- She runs a YouTube channel with the name ‘Prakruthi Reddy’ where she shares her singing videos.
- On 5 April 2022, MM Keeravaani, the composer of the songs of the movie RRR posted a video of Prakruthi on Twitter in which she was seen recording the song ‘Komma Uyyala Kona Jampala’ for the movie ‘RRR.’ In the tweet, he revealed that Prakruthi had already recorded the song in 2020 in Telugu when she was eight years old. Later, she dubbed the song in Kannada and Tamil languages.
Prakruthi was younger by 3 years when she originally dubbed this song ! Such a talented kid 😊 pic.twitter.com/9XH9DTdikX
— mmkeeravaani (@mmkeeravaani) April 4, 2022
- She is often featured in various newspapers.
- She is an avid dog lover and owns a pet named Sofy.