|Full name||Priya Ahuja Rajda Facebook – Priya Ahuja|
|Famous Role||Reporter Rita Shrivastav (Kal Tak News channel) in the popular Hindi sitcom ‘Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah’ (2008)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Debut||TV: Hamari Betiyoon Ka Vivaah (2008) as Sanjana Malhotra; aired on Zee TV
Film: The Stoneman Murders (2009) as Rukhsana
|Awards||• 2023: Perfect Woman Award
• 2023: Best Celebrity Content Creator by IIFTA
|Date of Birth||16 October 1984 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||38 Years|
|School||Kendriya Vidyalaya Gole Market, Delhi (2002)|
|College/University||J D Institute of Fashion Technology, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Fashion Design Facebook – Priya Ahuja|
|Religion||Hinduism YouTube – TV Times|
|Ethnicity||Punjabi YouTube – Saas Bahu Aur Betiyaan|
|Food Habit||Vegetarian YouTube – Telly Chakkar|
|Tattoo(s)||• Her son’s name ‘Ardaas’ with a lotus on her left forearm
• Her husband’s name in Punjabi on her left bicep
• On her left leg
• Her pet dog Candy’s photo on the back side of her left shoulder
• On the left side of her rib
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Malav Suresh Rajda (TV Director)|
|Marriage Date||19 November 2011
Note: On her 10th wedding anniversary, she remarried her husband.
|Husband/Spouse||Malav Suresh Rajda|
|Children||Son- Ardaas Rajda (born in 2019)
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Sumedha Ahuja
|TV Series||Friends (1994)|
|Fashion Icon||Priyanka Chopra|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Priya Ahuja
- Priya Ahuja is an Indian actress, who mainly appeared in Hindi TV serials.
- She grew up in Delhi and later moved to Mumbai for her work.
- After finishing her studies, she did some corporate jobs. However, she decided to pursue her passion for fashion design and moved to Mumbai. While there, she auditioned for a few TV ads and serials and eventually landed a role in a TV series on DD National. Unfortunately, her parents were against her acting and brought her back to Delhi. Determined to pursue her acting dreams, she secretly left home and went back to Mumbai. She didn’t have much money, so she stayed at a friend’s place and slept in the kitchen because she couldn’t afford her own apartment. YouTube – Telly Chakkar
- In 2008, she appeared in the Hindi TV sitcom ‘Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah.’ She gained immense popularity with her role in the serial.
- She has acted in various Hindi TV serials like ‘Shubh Vivah’ (2012; Sony), ‘Chhajje Chhajje Ka Pyaar’ (2011; Sony), and ‘Ghum Hai Kisikey Pyaar Meiin’ (2020; Star Plus).
- Priya has also appeared in Sony TV’s episodic TV series ‘C.I.D.’ (2008) and ‘Adaalat’ (2012).
- Some of her Hindi films as an actor are ‘Accident on Hill Road’ (2010) and ‘Desires of the Heart’ (2013).
- On her Instagram account, Priya Ahuja has promoted different brands like My Fitness products and Mond’Sub.
- In 2011, she started her own YouTube channel named ‘New Born Mommy’ where she shares her vlogs. She has around 1.42k subscribers on her channel.
- Priya regularly goes to a gym to maintain her fitness.
- She loves animals and has two pet dogs named Candy and Oreo. Additionally, she keeps some pet fish at her home.
- During her free time, Priya enjoys reading books, travelling to new places, and even trying scuba diving.
- She has been featured on the covers of various magazines like Perfect Woman, Aadar, Glamverse, and L’utopia. She has also appeared in a few dance videos on her Instagram.
- Priya is a nature lover and has a collection of around 130 plants at her home.
- She also shares funny comic reels on her Instagram account.
- In May 2023, Jennifer Mistry Bansiwal, an Indian TV actress, accused the producer Asit Kumarr Modi of sexual harassment. Several other actors from the show “Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah” supported Jennifer. Priya, who was also part of the show, shared that she was treated unfairly by the makers of the show. After her husband left the show, she was suddenly removed from the series without any explanation. In an interview, she talked about it, she said, The Indian Express
Yes, the artists have to go through mental harassment when they work on Taarak Mehta. Asit Kumarr Modi bhai, Sohil Ramani or Jatin Bajaj (he’s like my younger brother) they never misbehaved with me. But as far work is concerned I’ve been subjected to unfair treatment.”
She said that Asit used to make sexist comments about her. She said,
Asit bhai has told me this many a times Malav is earning then why do you have to worry. You enjoy life like a queen.”