Profession: Civil Servant
Hometown: New Delhi
Age: 66 Years
|Full Name||Radha Krishna Mathur|
|Profession||Civil Servant (Retired IAS Officer)|
|Famous For||Being the first Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Service||Indian Administrative Services (IAS)|
|Major Designations||• District Magistrate and Collector of West Tripura
• CEO of Tripura Tribal Areas Autonomous District Council
• Commissioner of Panchayats (Tripura)
• Commissioner of Revenue (Tripura)
• Resident Commissioner of Tripura
• Principal Secretary (Rural Development) of Tripura
• Principal Secretary (Agriculture) of Tripura
• Principal Secretary (Finance) of Tripura
• Chief Secretary of Tripura
• Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Secretary of India
• Development Commissioner in the Ministry of Textiles
• Chief Enforcement Officer in the Ministry of Textiles
• Defence Production Secretary of India
• Special Secretary in Ministry of Defence
• India's Defence Secretary
• Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) of India
|Date of Birth||25 November 1953 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||66 Years|
|College/University||• IIT Kanpur
• IIT Delhi
• International Center for Promotion of Enterprises (ICPE), Slovenia, Europe
|Educational Qualification(s)||• B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from IIT Kanpur
• M.Tech in Industrial Engineering from IIT Delhi
• MBA from the International Center for Promotion of Enterprises (ICPE), Slovenia, Europe
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||13 February 1980|
|Children||Daughter: Purvi Mathur
Son: Prasun Mathur
Some Lesser Known Facts About RK Mathur
- RK Mathur is a retired IAS officer who was appointed as the first Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh on 31 October 2019.
- At the beginning of his career, he was appointed as the District Collector of West Tripura. Eventually, he went on to serve on various key positions of the Tripura Government.
- In December 2003, he was appointed as the Chief Secretary of Tripura by the Chief Minister of Tripura.
- On 1 October 2012, he was appointed as the Union Defence Production Secretary by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) for a fixed tenure of two years.
- On 18 December 2015, Mathur was appointed as the Chief Information Commissioner to head the Central Information Commission (CIC) by the ACC. He assumed office on 5 January 2016 and retired from his post and service on 24 November 2018.
- On 25 October 2019, he was nominated by the President of India, Ram Nath Kovind, to be the first Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh.
- On 31 October 2019, he was sworn-in as the first Lieutenant Governor of the newly formed Ladakh Union Territory.
References/Sources: [ + ]