Hometown: Sundergarh, Odisha
Age: 60 Years
Wife: Smita Murmu
|Full Name||Girish Chandra Murmu|
|Profession||Civil Servant (IAS officer)|
|Famous For||Being the first Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Service||Indian Administrative Service (IAS)|
|Major Designations||• Relief Commissioner of Gujarat
• Commissioner of Mines and Minerals
• Managing Director of the Gujarat Maritime Board
• Joint Secretary of the Law and Order Department in Gujarat
• Managing Director, Gujarat Industrial Investment Corporation (GIIC)
• Principal Secretary to Narendra Modi when he was the Gujarat Chief Minister
• Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Finance
• Special Secretary in the Revenue Department
• Additional Secretary in the Department of Financial Services
• Expenditure Secretary of India
|Date of Birth||21 November 1959 (Saturday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||60 Years|
|College/University||• Utkal University, Odisha
• University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Master of Arts from the Utkal University, Odisha
• MBA from the University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
|Caste||Scheduled Tribe (ST) National Herald|
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son- Ruhaan Murmu
Daughter- Ruchika Murmu
|Parents||Names Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About G. C. Murmu
- Girish Chandra Murmu is an IAS officer and the first Lieutenant Governor of Jammu & Kashmir.
- He has been an important part of Nirmala Sitharaman‘s team which handled the 2019 Union Finance Budget.
- Murmu is considered to be a trusted aide of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Reportedly, Murmu has been a key member of Modi’s team which assists him in making crucial decisions.
- Murmu has a strong command over legal strategies. Reportedly, it is also one of the reasons why he was trusted with the post of the Lieutenant Governor of J&K.
- He is liked by Narendra Modi and Amit Shah for his ability to get things done correctly.
- Murmu was nominated by the President of India, Ram Nath Kovind on 25 October 2019 for the post of the Lieutenant Governor of Jammu & Kashmir.
- He was appointed as the LG on 31 October 2019.
- Murmu took his oath as the Lieutenant Governor in Srinagar in the presence of the Chief Justice of Jammu & Kashmir, Geeta Mittal.
References/Sources: [ + ]