Age: 34 Years
Wife: Komal Vohra (ex-wife)
|Real name||Dilin Nair The Indian Express|
|Profession(s)||Rapper, Lyricist, Music Composer, Dancer, TV Personality|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 30 Inches
- Biceps: 14 Inches
|Debut||Singles: Bottle (2012) from the album Born Star by Deep Money
Album: Zero to Infinity (2018)
Film music: Bollywood Song: Tamanchey Pe Disco (2013)
Reality TV: Dance India Dance (2011) on ZEE TV
|Awards||• 2014: Best Urban Song at the Britasia Music Awards for the song "Swag Mera Desi"
• 2016: Best Music Director and Best Club Song of The Year at PTC Punjabi Music Awards
• 2018: Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Award
|Date of Birth||16 November 1988 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||34 Years|
|School||• Mount Abu Public School, New Delhi
• Sachdeva Public School, Rohini, New Delhi
• Shiva Shiksha Sadan, Sonipat, Haryana
|College/University||Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Computer Application Raftaar - Facebook|
|Ethnicity||Malayali Deccan Chronicle|
|Tattoo(s)||• He has tattoos on both his shoulders.
• He has a mic inked on his chest.
• He has the word 'Loyalty' inked on his wrist.
• He has a tattoo on his left hand.
• He has a ring tattoo inked on his ring finger.
|Controversies||Raftaar v/s Honey Singh
In 2014, Raftaar attracted controversy when he claimed that he was not credited for writing and composing the tracks, the title track Banjarey, and Dhup Chik from the film Fugly (2014). In an interview, Honey Singh said that he wrote the songs Fugly and Banjarey. Denying Honey's statements, in an interview, he said,
Yo Yo and I wrote and composed these two songs. I have no idea why I am not being credited for the other one." India Today
Raftaar against CAA
In 2019, he took a stand against the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) and the National Register of Citizen at a concert. In the concert, he said that no one will leave the country. He abused on the stage while giving his speech at the concert. Later, he took to Twitter to apologize for abusing and said,
Before everyone starts jumping in and fighting on who agrees or disagrees with me. I want to apologise for abusing on stage. That is something I shouldnt have done. Gaali dena aur ladki ki izzat karne me farq hai. Galat tab bhi hai. Uske liye maafi." The Times of India
Copying BTS music video
In 2022, many BTS fans slammed Raftaar for similarities between Raftaar's Mantoiyat music video and Kim Namjoon aka RM's Do You. In an tweet, Raftaar said,
I can totally understand why BTS fans are upset and you have all the right to be. In our industry we are hired to do our part of the job. I personally acknowledge the resemblance of the video. I really feel bad for it but please dont target my music or the message it holds." Zoom
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Komal Vohra (interior designer)|
|Marriage Date||1 December 2016|
|Wife/Spouse||Komal Vohra (interior designer) (m. 2016 - sep. 2022)
Note: In June 2022, he filed for divorce from his wife Komal Vohra after six years of marriage. The Indian Express
|Parents||Father- K.K Devdasan (worked at Indian railways)
Mother- Lalitha Nair (typist)
|Food||Saag with Makki ki Roti|
|Car Collection||• Mercedes-Benz S-Class
Some Lesser Known Facts About Raftaar
- Raftaar is an Indian rapper, lyricist, dancer, TV personality, and music composer who is popular for working on various Hindi and Punjabi music. Some of his famous songs include Swag Mera Desi, Baby Marvake Maanegi, and Saare Karo Dab.
- When he was in school, he was bullied by his classmates due to which he changed schools six times.
- After completing his studies, he started taking classes at a dance institute in Delhi, where he earned Rs 150 per kid.
- He participated in the show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 8 in 2015 on Colors as a contestant.
- In an interview, he revealed that he is a Malayali hailing from Kerala, he learned Punjabi, Haryanvi, and Hindi while growing up in a hostel in Haryana.
- He changed his name from Dilin to Raftaar because he used to rap in Punjabi, but his name was Malayali. In an interview, he revealed how his Malayali name was revealed to his fans and said,
After Malaika Arora Khan revealed that I am a Malayali on India’s Got Talent, my Facebook and Twitter pages were filled with queries. In fact, some even thought I have signed on some Malayalam movie and was promoting it.”
- He began his career in 2008 when he used to record songs with Lil Golu and Young Amli (now known as Ikka) and upload them on social media.
- During the initial days of his career, he joined the Mafia Mundeer group and started working with Honey Singh.
- In 2012, Raftaar split from the group because he was not given credit for some songs. After he left the group, he was managed by Ankit Khanna who introduced Raftaar to the Punjabi music band RDB. Later, he signed up with the label, Three Records. The RDB group also split after which he joined Manjeet Ral (now known as Manj Musik).
- Raftaar gained popularity for the song “Swag Mera Desi” in 2013. In the song, there is a line ‘Ab yeh karke dikhao’ which was a diss to Honey Singh. This led to problems between both of them.
- In 2016, he started his solo career after getting signed to Zee Music Company.
- In 2017, Raftaar debuted in the Bengali music industry. He sang the title track for the Bengali film ‘One’ with singer Vishal Dadlani. He also produced and rapped the song ‘Dekho Dekho Chaamp‘ for the Bengali film Chaamp (2017).
- In 2018, he collaborated with Varun Dhawan for the second edition of Breezer Vivid Shuffle.
- In 2018, he sang songs Baby Marvake Maanegi, Saare Karo Dab, Gall Goriye, Lonely, and Woh Chori for the album ‘Zero to Infinity.’
- Various singles under his belt include Sniper (2014), Desi Hip Hop (2015), Baby Marvake Maanegi (2017), Ghana Kasoota (2021), and Kaali Car (2022).
- He wrote songs for various films including Warna Gabbar Aa Jayega for Gabbar is Back (2015), Toh Dishoom for Dishoom (2016), Dum Maro Dum Maro for The Final Exit (2017), Andhadhun Title Track for Andhadhun (2018), and Title Track for Janhit Mein Jaari (2022).
- He recorded two EPs BAR’ISH EP in 2020 and HARD DRIVE Vol. 1 in 2022. The albums included various songs including Microphone Check, Tu Phir Se Aana, Goat Dekho, GANGNUM and RAASHAH.
- In 2020, he released another album ‘Mr. Nair’ in which he sang songs including Main Wahi Hoon, Drama, Bottal Wargi, Naachne Ka Shaunq and Superman.
- He appeared as a gang leader for the show Roadies Xtreme (2018), Roadies: Real Heroes (2019), and Roadies: Revolution (2020) on MTV.
- He appeared as a judge on the shows Dance India Dance Battle Of The Champions (2019) on ZEE 5 and MTV Hustle (2020).
- In 2019, he appeared as a host on the show ‘Swag On with Raftaar’ on JioCinema where he discussed political and social issues with celebrities.
- He is also the co-founder of the music label Kalamkaar.
- He got divorced from Komal Vohra, who is the sister of Indian television actors Karan Vohra and Kunal Vohra, in June 2022, but, but the legal proceedings did not take place at that time due to the COVID pandemic.
- He is often spotted enjoying alcohol on various occasions.