Wife: Shrishti Nayyar
Age: 32 Years
|Famous Role||'Akbar' in "Jodha Akbar"
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Debut||TV (as a child artist): Bongo (2004) as 'Ashu'
TV (as an adult actor): Dharam Veer as 'Veer'
|Awards, Honours||• Indian Television Academy Award for Best Actor in Lead Role (Popular) for the TV serial “Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan” (2007)
• Indian Telly Award for Best Child Artiste (Male) for the TV serial “Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan” (2007)
• Indian Telly Award for Dharti ka Sitara for the TV serial “Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan” (2007)
• Star Parivaar Award for Favourite Chhota Bachcha for the TV serial “Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan” (2007)
• BIG Star Entertainment Award for Most Entertaining Television Actor (Male) for the TV serial “Jodha Akbar” (2013)
• Zee Rishtey Award for Most Popular Face Male for the TV serial “Jodha Akbar” (2013)
• Indian Telly Award for Best Actor in a Lead Role for the TV serial “Jodha Akbar” (2014)
• Renault Star Guild Award for Best Actor in a Drama Series for the TV serial “Jodha Akbar” (2014)
• Star Parivaar Award for Best Pati for the TV serial “Chandra Nandini” (2017)
|Date of Birth||19 July 1991 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||32 Years|
|Birthplace||Munirka, Delhi, India|
|School||Hope Hall Foundation School, Delhi|
|College/University||He did graduation through correspondence.|
|Hobbies||Swimming, Playing Football, Horse Riding|
|Controversies||• The Rajput Kshatriya Akhil Bharatiya Chatariya Sabha protested against his TV serial, Jodha Akbar, as they felt that wrong facts were being presented in the serial.
• Rajat landed into the controversy due to his bossiness and rude behaviour. Reportedly, he had a feud with the spot boys on the sets of Jodha Akbar. Rajat repeatedly behaved rude with the spot boys after which, they hit the actor. However, Rajat is said to have denied the incident.
• Rajat was also rumoured to be in a cold war with his Jodha Akbar co-star, Paridhi Sharma.
• In 2018, there were reports of his alleged extra-marital affair with Chandra Nandini actress Tanu Khan. A media portal quoted one of their sources as saying, “Rajat and Tanu are inseparable. In between the takes, they spend time in each other’s vanity vans and even leave the sets together after pack-up. We also hear that Rajat and Tanu recently enjoyed a night out together.” Later, the actor slammed the portal and expressed his disgust in a series of tweets.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Shrishti Nayyar (Theatre Artist)|
|Marriage Date||30 January 2015
|Marriage Place||Udaipur Palace, Udaipur, Rajasthan|
|Parents||Father- Ramvir Tokas
Mother- Pramila Tokas
|Favourite Food||Pizza, Chinese Food, Chicken Steak|
|Favourite Actors||Hrithik Roshan, Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Actresses||Rani Mukerji, Kajol|
|Favourite Film||Bunty Aur Babli|
|Favourite Colours||Red, Blue|
|Favourite Travel Destinations||Goa, Paris|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rajat Tokas
- Rajat Tokas was born into a middle-class family in Delhi.
- In 1999, Rajat started his acting career as a child artist with the TV serial “Bongo.”
- He received immense popularity by playing the role of young Prithviraj Chauhan in Star Plus’ historical drama “Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj.”
- He played the role of Tantya, the brother of Shirdi’s Sai Baba in Star Plus’ serial Sai Baba.
- As a child, he wanted to be a Fim Director.
- His performance as ‘Akbar’ in Zee TV’s “Jodha Akbar” was appreciated by the audience.
- Rajat has also appeared in the TV serials like “Dharam Veer,” “Keshav Pandit,” “Tere Liye,” and “Bandini.”
- Rajat, during an interview, revealed that he was shy in nature and had only a few friends.
- He played the character of ‘Chandragupta Maurya’ in Star Plus’ TV serial “Chandra Nandini.”
- Rajat has also starred in the supernatural series “Naagin.” He played a ‘wishful mongoose’ in its first season and a ‘wishful serpent’ in its third season.
- He has even featured in films like “Kathputli,” “W.H.O.,” “Prerna,” and “Stumped.” However, his films didn’t do well at the box office.
- He loves dogs and owns a dog named Leo.
- Tokas revealed during an interview that if not an actor, he would have been a businessman.
- The television actor, Avinesh Rekhi was the first choice for the role of ‘Akbar’ in the historical drama “Jodha Akbar.” However, the role later went to Rajat.
- Initially, Rajat was supposed to play the young Prithvi raj Chauhan only for a few episodes. However, after looking at the popularity of his character among the audience, the makers of the show decided to extend his role for several months.
- Rajat underwent weapon training, learned horse riding, learnt to walk in a particular way, and modified his voice and body language in a different way to do justice to his character of ‘Chandragupta Maurya’ in the TV serial “Chandra Nandini.” He even watched documentaries and read books on the Maurya Empire.
- After Rajat completed shooting for the show “Jodha Akbar,” Ekta Kapoor asked him to wait for her new project and not to search for other scripts. Tokas, keeping faith in her, waited for her to come up with something, and after a while, she offered him Chandra Nandini.