Father: Raj Kapoor
Death Cause: Cardiac Arrest
Marital Status: Divorced
|Birth name||Virgoan Rajiv News 18|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Producer, and Director|
|Physical Stats & More|
|IMDb Height||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Debut||Film: Ek Jaan Hain Hum (1983) as Vikram Saxena
|Last Film||Zimmedar (1990) as Inspector Rajiv Singh (as an actor)
|Date of Birth||25 August 1962 (Saturday)|
|Date of Death||9 February 2021 (Tuesday)|
|Place of Death||Mumbai|
|Age (at the time of death)||58 Years|
|Death Cause||Cardiac Arrest The Times of India|
|School||Our Lady of Perpetual Succour School, Chembur, Mumbai Wikipedia|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Hindustan Times|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Divorced|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Aarti Sabharwal
• Nagama (Actor and politician)
• Divya Rana (Actor, photographer, and ceramic sculpturer) Bollywood Shaadis
|Marriage Date||Year 2001; divorced in 2003|
|Wife/Spouse||Aarti Sabharwal (Architect)
|Parents||Father- Late Raj Kapoor (Actor, Filmmaker)
Mother- Krishna Kapoor
|Siblings||Brother(s)- Rishi Kapoor (Actor) and Randhir Kapoor (Actor)
Sister(s)- Rima Jain, Ritu Nanda
|Food||Fish, Prawns, Khichdi|
|Drink(s)||Whisky and Beer|
|Film||Mera Naam Joker (1970)|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Rajiv Kapoor
- Rajiv Kapoor was an Indian film actor, producer, and director.
- He was born in the famous Kapoor family of Bollywood.
- He was the grandson of the famous Bollywood actor Prithviraj Kapoor and Ramsarni Mehra.
- Actor Ranbir Kapoor is his nephew, actress Neetu Singh and Babita are his sister-in-laws; Shashi Kapoor and Shammi Kapoor (Hindi movie actors) were his paternal uncles and the famous Bollywood actresses Kareena and Karisma were his nieces.
- He acted in various Hindi films like ‘Mera Saathi’ (1985), ‘Ram Teri Ganga Maili’ (1985), ‘Angaarey’ (1986), ‘Hum To Chale Pardes’ (1988), and ‘Naag Nagin’ (1989).
- Rajiv worked as an executive producer and editor in Hindi films such as ‘Henna’ (1991) and ‘Prem Granth’ (1996).
He was also the director of the popular Hindi film ‘Prem Granth’ (1996).
- Reportedly, he was the least famous son of the the legendary Indian actor Raj Kapoor.
- After marriage, Rajiv Kapoor and Aarti Sabharwal started living separately due to some unknown reasons, and after two years they divorced each other with mutual consent. Rajiv had married Aarti against his father’s will.
- He liked the Hindi film ‘Mera Naam Joker’ (1970) so much that he watched it more than 150 times.
- As per some sources, his father wanted to launch him in a Hindi film titled “Bus Conductor,” but the project was shelved.
- His bold scenes with the Indian actress Mandakini in the Hindi film ‘Ram Teri Ganga Maili’ (1985) created a huge controversy. After the film was released, Rajiv was upset with his father for highlighting the character of Mandakini in the film more than him. News 18
- Rajiv and Rishi Kapoor appeared in one of the episodes of the English talk show ‘Rendezvous with Simi Garewal.’
- In 1996, his TV serial titled “Shaadi Ka Season” as a producer was scrapped.