Rashmeet Kaur Age, Boyfriend, Family, Biography & More
Marital Status: Unmarried
Age: 27 Years
Hometown: New Delhi
|Profession||Singer & Songwriter|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 160 cm
in meters- 1.60 m
in feet & inches- 5′ 3″
|Debut||TV: Voice of Punjab Season 4 (2013)
Bollywood: “Heer” song in the film Phillauri (2017)
Single: Maati ki Gudiya (2018)
Extended Play: Musafir (2021)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• In 2017, she was awarded the Mirchi Music Awards (Bangla) in the category of “Upcoming Female Voice of the year.”
• Co-Winner of Amazon’s ‘The Remix’ (2018)
• Winner of Sur Sartaj (2012)
|Date of Birth||8 March 1994 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||27 Years|
|Educational Qualification||A course in classical singing from Gandharva Mahavidyalaya PTC PUNJABI's YouTube Channel|
|Religion||Sikhism Prabhat Khabar's YouTube|
|Tattoo(s)||• A tattoo inked on her left arm reads "ਮਨ ਜੀਤੇ ਜੱਗ ਜੀਤ" (Mann Jitte Jag Jeet), which translated to “Conquer the mind, Conquer the World.” She also has "Patience" inked on her left arm.
• A sun tattoo inked on her left shoulder and a moon tattoo inked on her right shoulder
• An tattoo inked on her left elbow
• Flying birds inked on her left leg
• A tattoo inked on her right arm reads "Music is Life"
• She has "Practice" inked on her left hand and cassette tape player buttons inked on her left arm.
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Tajinder Kaur
|Siblings||Brother- Simran Singh
|Singer(s)||Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Abida Parveen, Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Gurdas Maan, Beyoncé, and Arijit Singh|
|Music Genre(s)||Sufi, Jazz, Blues, and Indian classical|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rashmeet Kaur
- Rashmeet Kaur is a popular Indian singer who is best known for recreating the famous Punjabi folk songs Bajre Da Sitta, Buhe Bariyan, and Ik Meri Aakh Kashni.
- At the age of six, Rashmeet began her musical journey when her mother started giving her Gurmat sangeet (religious Sikh songs) and harmonium lessons. While sharing her childhood memories in an interview, she said,
I couldn’t reach the pump of the harmonium, but I was playing it.”
- Eventually, her parents enrolled Rashmeet in Gandharva Mahavidyalaya, Delhi, where she took her music training. Simultaneously, she continued to learn Gurmat sangeet from her teacher, Jasvinder Kaur.
- Her eminence in music earned her the opportunity to perform for the former Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
- She actively participated in numerous college festivals, and she also won the IIT Delhi classical competition during her college days.
- She appeared as one of the top 40 contestants on the singing reality show ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa’ (2012).
- Rashmeet participated in the Punjabi language singing competition series ‘Voice of Punjab Season 4’ (2013). She was one of the top 10 contestants on the show.
- Thereafter, she performed numerous stage shows, live gigs in colleges, and corporate shows. Meanwhile, she lent her voice in several ad jingles.
- She gained immense recognition for appearing as a contestant in ‘Asia’s singing superstar’ (2015). In the show, she rocked the stage with her extraordinary performance of the Punjabi folk song “Jugni Ji,” which went viral on the internet.
- She gave her voice in the Bollywood film Phillauri (2017) for the song “Heer.”
- Her first original song “Maati ki Gudiya” was released in the year 2018. The song was an initiative to raise awareness on Child Marriages happening in India.
- Rashmeet Kaur and music producer Su Real gained immense popularity for winning Amazon Prime’s reality series ‘The Remix’ (2018). In the show, the contestants were judged by the acclaimed Bollywood singers Sunidhi Chauhan, and Amit Trivedi, and DJ Nucleya.
- Her achievement in the show ‘The Remix’ (2018) earned her the opportunity to feature her voice in DJ Nucleya’s songs “Mirza” and “Mahiya” of the album ‘Tota Myna.’
- Rashmeet released the album ‘Manjh Muhabbat Teri,’ featuring six shabads (Sikh hymns) in November 2020.
- She released her debut extended play ‘Musafir’ in January 2021. The EP consisted of four songs inspired by the poetries of Sufi greats Bulle Shah and Shah Hussain.
- In January 2021, she rose to prominence with the rendition of the popular Punjabi folk song “Bajre Da Sitta.”
- In March 2021, she struck stardom with the song “Nadiyon Paar (Let the Music Play),” based on the 2004 party song “Let the music play” by Shamur.
- She is well-versed in Sufi, Classical, Bollywood, English and Punjabi songs.
- The versatile singer is also skilled in rapping, beatboxing, and playing various instruments.
- She posts various pictures on her Instagram account which feature Rashmeet actively performing yoga.
|↑1||PTC PUNJABI's YouTube Channel|
|↑2||Prabhat Khabar's YouTube|