|Full name||Ravi Gangadhar Rana Seventeenth Lok Sabha Members Bioprofile of Navneet Rana|
|Profession||Politician, Social Worker, Farmer|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 11”
|Political Journey||• Elected as MLA from Badnera Assembly constituency in 2009 as an independent candidate, defeating the NCP candidate Sulbha Khodke by a margin of 18771 votes
• Re-elected as MLA from Badnera Assembly constituency in 2014 as an independent candidate, defeating the Shiv Sena candidate Band Sanjay by 7419 votes
• Re-elected as MLA from Badnera Assembly constituency in 2019 as an independent candidate, defeating the Shiv Sena candidate Priti Band with a margin of 15541 votes
|Date of Birth||28 April 1980 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||42 Years|
|Hometown||Shankarnagar, Amravati, Maharashtra|
|College/University||Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce (second year dropout) Myneta.info|
|Religion||Ravi Rana follows Hinduism.
|Controversies||Arrested During a Farmers’ Agitation (2011)
In 2011, Ravi Rana's active participation in farmers’ agitation for better remunerative prices for raw cotton led to his arrest. Reportedly, Rana, his wife, and members of Yuva Swabhimani Sanghatana had launched a protest against the government, demanding a hike in the minimum guarantee price of raw cotton from Rs 3,300 to Rs 6,000 per quintal. While Rana was being held in Central Jail Amravati, he went on a hunger strike, which led to a severe deterioration of his health. Narayan Rane, Prithviraj Chavan’s emissary and the Maharashtra minister for Industries, tried to convince Rana to end his fast over the telephone, but Rana refused to coordinate. Thereafter, Rana was shifted to a government-run medical college and hospital in Nagpur. Hindustan Times
Clash with Shiv Sena District Chief Dinesh Boob (2019)
After the 2019 Maharashtra Legislative Assembly elections, Ravi Rana engaged in a physical fight with Dinesh Boob, Shiv Sena’s Amravati district chief, while attending an event at the old-age home Madhuban Vrudhashram. Ravi alleged that Dinesh Boob had made derogatory remarks against his wife, Navneet, on social media and during the election speeches. Eventually, the police intervened and forced Dinesh Boob and his supporters to leave the ashram. The Times of India
Booked for violating lockdown norms (2020)
Amid the COVID-19 lockdown in 2020, Ravi Rana, along with five others, removed barricades to reach Irwin Square, Amravati, Maharashtra, for paying tributes to statue of B R Ambedkar on the occasion of his birth anniversary. Thereafter, the police booked Rana for violating the lockdown norms and invoked section 188 (Disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) of the Indian Penal Code against him. Deccan Herald
Put in House Arrest under Section 144 of CrPC (2022)
On the night of 12 January 2022, Ravi Rana and his followers illegally encroached upon Rajapeth flyover, Amravati, to install Shivaji Maharaj’s statue on the occasion of the Shivaji Maharaj’s mother’s birthday. Consequently, Rana was put under house arrest and booked under Section 144 of CrPC. This outraged the activists of Rana's Yuva Swabhiman Party, who later burnt an effigy of Amravati municipal commissioner Pravin Ashtikar in front of Rana’s house. The Times of India
Accused of Attempt to Murder (2022)
In 2022, Ravi Rana was accused of an attempt to murder when some women workers of Rana’s Yuva Swabhiman Party assaulted the Amravati Municipal Commissioner Dr Pravin Ashtikar by splashing ink on him. The incident happened in the aftermath of the removal of Shivaji Maharaj’s statue from Rajapeth flyover, Amravati. Reportedly, the statue was being installed without obtaining MC's formal permission; therefore, it was removed. Ravi Rana dismissed the charges claiming that he was not present at the spot when the incident took place. TV9 Marathi
Arrested in Hanuman Chalisa row (2022)
On 23 April 2022, independent MLA Ravi Rana and his MP wife, Navneet Rana, were arrested after they gave a call for the chanting of Hanuman Chalisa outside Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray's private residence 'Matoshree' in Mumbai. Later, the Mumbai Police slapped the sedition charge on the politician couple, and the Rana couple was remanded in 14-day judicial custody. On 4 May 2022, the City Civil and Sessions Court granted bail to Navneet Kaur Rana and her MLA husband Ravi Rana on a bond of Rs. 50,000 in connection with the Hanuman Chalisa controversy; the court also directed the couple not to speak to the media about the case. NDTV
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||2 February 2011
|Wife/Spouse||Navneet Kaur Rana (actress-turned-politician, who is known for her work in the Telugu entertainment industry)
|Children||Son- Ranveer Rana
Daughter- Aarohi Rana
|Parents||Father- Gangadhar Narayan Rana
Mother- Name Not Known
|Car Collection||• Ford Endeavour
• Toyota Fortuner
• Cash: Rs 3,50,000
• Deposits in Banks, Financial Institutions and Non-Banking Financial
• Companies: Rs 3,24,274
• LIC or other insurance Policies: Rs 14,70,000
• Motor Vehicles: Rs 30,41,255
• Jewellery: Rs 25,40,240
• Agricultural Land: Rs 3,50,000
• Commercial Buildings: Rs 30,00,000
• Residential Buildings: Rs 1,87,00,000 Myneta.info
|Net Worth (as of 2019)||Rs. 2,80,24,668 Myneta.info|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ravi Rana
- Ravi Rana is an Indian independent politician, social worker, and founder of the Yuva Swabhiman Party (YSP), who, as an independent candidate, was elected as an MLA for the third time in a row from the Badnera Assembly Constituency in the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly election, 2019. He made headlines in 2022 for the Hanuman Chalisa row.
- Apart from being a politician, Rana is a social worker and farmer.
- Navneet and Ravi first met at an ashram of Baba Ramdev, where Ravi Rana was organising one of Baba Ramdev’s Yog Shivirs. Belonging to a Punjabi family The Indian Express, Navneet Kaur Rana grew up in Mumbai, where she ventured into the entertainment industry.
- In 2011, Navneet and Ravi got married in a mass marriage ceremony held in Science Core Ground, Amravati, along with 3612 couples. The ceremony was attended by various famous Indian personalities including Baba Ramdev, Maulana Mahmood Madani, Vivek Oberoi, and Prithviraj Chavan.
- The marriage ceremony was the brainchild of Ravi Rana and Baba Ramdev for which they were recognised by the India Book of Records for organising the largest mass marriage ceremony ever performed in history. A budget of seven crores was spent on the ceremony.
- Ravi Rana made headlines in 2015 when he was dubbed a hero for saving an old man’s barbershop from encroachment. The owner of the shop, Mahadeo Chandrabhan Dehankar, was the sole bread earner of his family. After the incident, Dehankar addressed the media and said,
I have been running this shop for the last 40 years and meeting both ends of my family on the strength of it. I was shocked when the AMC encroachment demolition squad served a notice on me. The thought of losing my bread and butter made me restless and I rushed to MLA Ravi Rana for help.”
- After being elected as an MLA in 2019, Rana offered his allegiance to the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) to form the government in the state. The Print However, the ruling National Democratic Alliance (NDA) of the BJP and SHS failed at forming a government. Consequently, Shiv Sena, NCP, and Congress formed the Maharashtra government under a new alliance called Maha Vikas Aghadi (MVA), with Uddhav Thackeray as the Chief Minister.
- An adherent follower of Lord Ganesha, Ravi Rana passionately celebrates Ganesh Chaturthi and installs Lord Ganesh’s clay statue at his home during the festival.
- On the occasion of the birthday of his son, Ranveer, Ravi Rana contributed Rs. 11,00,000 towards the CM Farmers’ Relief Fund in 2017.
- Navneet and Ravi are the founders of the Yuva Swabhiman Party (YSP). Initially, YSP was a social organisation named ‘Yuva Swabhiman,’ which worked for the upliftment of the poverty-stricken classes of society. Later, it converted into a political party.