|Real Name||Reena Roy|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 160 cm
in meters- 1.60 m
in feet inches- 5’ 3”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 85 kg
in pounds- 187 lbs
|Date of Birth||7 January 1957|
|Age (as of 2021)||64 Years|
|Debut||Film: Zaroorat (1972)
TV: Eena Meena Deeka (2000)
|Family||Father- Not Known
Mother- Not Known
Brother- Raja Roy
Sisters- Barkha Roy (Producer), Anju Roy
|Hobbies||Riding Bikes, Reading, Travelling|
|Food||Pav Bhaji, Modak|
|Actor(s)||Jeetendra, Anil Kapoor|
|Actress(s)||Madhubala, Meena Kumari|
|Travel Destination(s)||Goa, Kashmir, London|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Shatrughan Sinha (Actor, Extra-marital affair)
Mohsin Khan (Former Pakistani Cricketer, Actor)
|Husband/Spouse||Mohsin Khan (Former Pakistani Cricketer, Actor)|
Daughter- Sanam Khan
Some Lesser Known Facts About Reena Roy
- Does Reena Roy smoke?: No
- Reena Roy is a renowned Indian actress who was associated with Bollywood and was the most successful actress of her time.
- She is born to a Muslim father and Hindu mother with 3 siblings.
- Her parents got divorced at an early age and she started doing movies for financially supporting her mother and siblings.
- She was one of the top highest-paid actresses of her time.
- She has appeared in the several popular Hindi films like ‘Nai Duniya Naye Log’, ‘Jaise Ko Taisa’, ‘Kalicharan’, ‘Vishwanath’, ‘Zakhmee’, etc.
- In 1973, her rain-soaked dance ‘Ab Ke Sawan Mein’ with Jeetendra became a huge hit.
- She got success and fame in 1976 from the superhit movie ‘Nagin’ in which she played the role of ‘female nagin’ for which she received her first Filmfare nomination as Best Actress.
- In 1983, when her film career was at a high peak, she got married to the former Pakistani cricketer and actor Mohsin Khan and took a break from the film industry.
- After some years of her marriage, she got divorced and her daughter Sanam was taken by Mohsin but now she lives with her mother.
- Initially, the couple named their daughter ‘Jannat’ but after the huge success of the movie ‘Sanam Teri Kasam’ they changed her name to ‘Sanam’.
- In 1992, she came back to the film industry with the supporting role of ‘sister-in-law’ in the movie ‘Aadmi Khilona Hai’ but this time, she wasn’t that successful as an actress.
- In 1998, she was honored with the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Her last project was the ‘Refugee’ movie in 2000 and the TV serial ‘Eena Meena Deeka’.
- In 2004, she opened the acting school with her sister Barkha Roy.
- She is a supporter of the ‘Indian National Congress’ party.
- She is a good friend of Rekha as she helped Reena improve her dressing sense and hairstyles.
- In July 2021, she appeared in one of the weekend episodes of Indian Idol Season 12, celebrating the ‘Reena Roy Special’ episode, where she talked about her passion for bikes. She said,
I have loved riding bikes since my childhood. My sister Barkha, who made ‘Sanam Teri Kasam’ , specially added the bike scene in it because of my desire. I used to wake up in the morning, take my bike and go for rounds. I was the Bandra girl with a bike. I owned a Yamaha and once, when I was busy shooting, my younger sister tried to give it a ride and hurt herself. So, my mother returned the bike to the person we took it from and said that we didn’t want it in the house.”