Husband: Deepak Khanna
Age: 59 Years
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rini Simon Khanna
- Rini Simon Khanna is a former newsreader of the Doordarshan. She worked at All India Radio at the age of 13 years. She did the voiceover of the Delhi Metro’s English announcement.
- As Rini Simon’s father was an Air Force Officer, she visited various places and studied at different schools because of the frequent transfers of her father.
- During her school days, she started working at All India Radio in Delhi and used to do programs like request shows, music shows, roving microphone, in the Groove, Yuva Vani, etc.
- Rini hosted Air Force Day Parade Show attended by the then-Prime Minister in her school days.
- She compèred many prominent events like Independence Day, Republic Day, etc, during her tenure at All India Radio.
- In 1982, she became a primetime newsreader at All India Radio.
- Rini gave an audition at Doordarshan when she was pursuing her graduation at Jesus and Mary College, Delhi University but got rejected because her graduation was incomplete.
- After graduating in 1984, she joined Doordarshan as an English newsreader and started with the Parliament news.
- She was put on National News along with the anchor Tejeshwar Singh by the critic Amita Malik, who noticed Rini at the end of her third Parliament news bulletin.
- She worked at Doordarshan for 17 years.
- A rumour spread among people that Rini married Mukesh Khanna when she changed her name from Rini Simon to Rini Simon Khanna after getting married to Deepak Khanna.
- She has given voice to many documentaries and ad films as a voice artist.
- She is the female voice behind the Delhi Metro announcement along with the male voice given by Shammi Narang.
- She visits Isha Centre every year as she follows the spiritual guru Sadhguru.