Robert (choreographer) Height, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Hometown: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Age: 41 Years
|Real name/Full name||Robert Raj|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Debut||Directorial Film: Mgr Sivaji Rajini Kamal (2014)
TV: Bigg Boss Tamil Season 6 (2022)
|Date of Birth||26 January 1981 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||41 Years|
|Tattoo(s)||• He has inked a tattoo on the left side of his chest.
• He inked Vanitha's name on his right arm.
|Controversies||• Robert blamed music composer Amresh for stealing his song in 2017. Tamil Star
• He was accused in the suicide case of his sister's boyfriend in 2012. Behind Bollywood
|Relationships & More|
|Siblings||Sister- Alphonsa (Tamil actress)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Robert (choreographer)
- Robert Raj is an Indian choreographer, director, producer, and actor. He primarily works with different regional film industries in India. In films, he often appears as a villain. In his choreographed songs, he usually gives cameo appearances. In 2022, Robert Raj came into the limelight when he participated in the Indian reality show Bigg Boss Tamil Season 6, telecasted on the Star Vijay channel.
- In 1991, Robert Raj started working as a child artist in the film Azhagan in which he played the role of Mammooty’s son. He then appeared as a dancer in songs in the Tamil films such as Mannava in 1996 as a dancer in the song “Yamma Yamma,” Kaalamellam Kaathiruppen in 1997 as a dancer in the song “Anjam Number,” Narasimham in 2000 as a dancer in the song “Pazhanimalai.”
- In 2002, Robert Raj appeared in the film Maaran, which was directed by Sathyaraj as an actor. In 2005, he worked in the film Dancer in which he played the role of a disabled student who tried to make his career in dancing. In the following year, Robert Raj won the Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Villain for portraying the antagonist in the film Dancer in 2005. His performance in the film was critically acclaimed by many film critics.
- In 2003, Robert Raj appeared in the film Pavalakodi. In this film, his performance was criticised by film critics. One of the film critics wrote,
Struggles to emote and even potentially funny dialogues lose their effect because of his dialogue delivery.”
- In 2012, Robert Raj choreographed the songs of the film Podaa Podi and won the Vijay Award for Best Choreographer for the film. In the same film, he appeared in a cameo role in the video of the song “Love Panlamma?” He then appeared in many cameo roles in the films such as “Aasaiye Alai Poley,” “PadapadakkudhuManame,” “Chennai City Gangster,” and “Onnunarendu.”
- His sister, Alphonsa, appeared as an item dancer in many Tamil films such as Rajinikanth’s Basha and Vikram starrer Dil. In 2012, Robert and his sister faced several legal troubles after Alphonsa’s boyfriend, Vinod committed suicide. Vinod was a budding Tamil actor and was in a live-in relationship with Alphonsa who also tried to commit suicide but recovered. Later, Vinod’s family members accused Alphonsa and her family members in Vinod’s suicide case.
- In 2013, Robert Raj appeared in the television serial Natchathira Jannal which was telecasted on the Puthuyugam channel. On the show, Vanitha Vijayakumar appeared opposite him in the lead role. Later, he confessed his feelings towards Vanitha and proposed to her on the sets of Mgr Sivaji Rajini Kamal’s movie, which was produced by Vanitha Vijayakumar and was directed by Robert. This movie was his directorial debut. Reportedly, they were in a live-in relationship. Later, they appeared together on many television shows for the promotion of their film. According to some media sources, Robert Raj inked the name of Vanitha on his arm. Later, they mutually broke up. In several media conversations, Robert denied his relationship with Vanitha. Upon asking about the tattoo, he cited that the tattoo was a sign of respect for the producer of his debut film as a director. Bailwan Renganathan, a colleague of Robert, mentioned in a media interview that once, Robert told him that he had a relationship with Vanitha only to promote his directorial debut movie Mgr Sivaji Rajini Kamal.
- In 2017, a South Indian actor Tinku mentioned in one of his videos that he posted on social media that composer Amresh Ganesh had stolen a song titled “Hara Hara Mahadevaki” before the release of the film Motta Shiva Ketta Shiva. Tinku stated that he and Robert were working on the film titled Thaathaa Car-ai Thodadhae and the song “Hara Hara Mahadevaki” was their composition. Tinku blamed that in 2015, he and Amresh were working on this song, but due to some production issues the film was delayed, and Amresh started working on another project and used the song on a different project. In February 2017, in a media conference, Amresh Ganesh rejected all the blames put upon him by Tinku and Robert. Amresh stated that Tinku and Robert were trying to cheat him by accumulating funds for the delayed film. Amresh added that the disputed song was composed by him without any cost in Bangkok and paid some amount to Tinku and Robert for appearing in the video of the song of the film, which was later declared as failed. Amresh disclosed in the same conversation that Robert agreed to play the disputed song to the music composer Srikanth Deva and tried to put the song in another delayed film Minor Kunju Kaanom. Amresh concluded that Tinku, Robert, and Srikanth Dev were involved in the making of this shelved film Minor Kunju Kaanom. Deccan Chronicle
- In 2020, Robert Raj appeared as an actor in the web series Mugilan as Saravanan. The series was streamed on ZEE5.