Rohit Khandelwal Height, Age, Girlfriend, Family, Biography & More
|Profession(s)||Model, Actor, Television Personality|
|Famous For||Being the first Asian to win Mr World 2016 title Telegraph India
|Physical Stats & More|
|YouTube – Beauty Pageants Height||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 15 Inches
|Debut||Short Film: The Journey (2011) as Siddarth
TV: Yeh Hai Aashiqui (2014) as Veer; aired on Bindass
|Date of Birth||19 August 1989 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||33 Years|
|Birthplace||Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh (now in Telangana)|
|College/University||Aurora’s Degree College, Hyderabad, Telangana|
|Educational Qualification||B.Com Deccan Chronicle Mumbai Mirror|
|Ethnicity||Marwari The Telegraph Online|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Raj Kumar Khandelwal (businessman)
Mother- Suman Latha Khandelwal
|Siblings||Brother- Rahul Khandelwal (works at a private firm named Rosetta Stone; image in parents' section)
|Actor(s)||Shah Rukh Khan, John Abraham, Will Smith|
|Song(s)||Kaise Hua from Kabir Singh (2019), Million Dollars by Lady Gaga|
|Food||French Toast, Masala Dosa|
|Book||The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari by the Canadian writer Robin Sharma|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rohit Khandelwal
- Rohit Khandelwal is an Indian model, actor, and television personality. In 2015, he won the Mr India title and went on to win the Mr World title in 2016. Telegraph India
- He belongs to a Marwari family from Rajasthan. The Telegraph Online
- He used to be an introvert while he was studying in school. The Times of India He once shared that he was even bullied by his classmates in school. In an interview, while talking about it, he said,
I feel this is my second life and my parents would agree with that. I don’t even remember having one friend in school. I don’t even have one memorable day from school. I hated school a lot. I used to fail in five subjects out of eight subjects. I was bullied a lot in school and maybe all that frustration piled up and I started working on myself. I felt I was put aside, not good enough. So, I don’t remember anything about school days, college life was good. Studies went really well, I made a lot of friends, and started participating in dance competitions.”
- After completing his graduation, he started working at SpiceJet as a ground staff.
- He worked there for almost six months, and then he joined Dell Computers as a technical support assistant. In an interview, while talking about doing corporate jobs, he said,
It all started when I joined the Spicejet as a ground staff member, somehow I found that place not very suitable for me as it has lot of restrictions and then I started working in Dell as a technical support assistant. They gave me a graveyard timing for the shift at night 12 0′ clock I didn’t find myself fitting there. I was clueless. I wanted to achieve something more and that is when I moved to Mumbai -the city of dreams.”
- Later, he worked at the financial services company HSBC. He worked there for a few months, and then he moved from Hyderabad to Mumbai to pursue an MBA and make his career in acting. However, in Mumbai, he did not pursue MBA and started giving auditions for various acting projects.
- He was once rejected from an audition for a TV commercial for not being handsome according to the ad filmmakers. Rohit then realised that while doing corporate jobs, he had gained a lot of weight. He then joined a gym and within a few months, he lost around 15kg. Deccan Chronicle In an interview, while remembering his initial days in Mumbai, he said,
I faced a lot of failures in Mumbai for 3 years, I tried badly to get into serials which did not even pay me. I never got a big shoot, literally I was idle for 2-3 months I didn’t get any work, I was out of funds. I was staying with 5 people in a 2 bhk and there was a time I was travelling by bus as well, but I never gave up. Somewhere I had an intuition that hard work pays in our life.”
- Rohit was even rejected from a few acting projects as his Hindi pronunciation was not good. To get a command over Hindi, he attended a few dictation classes.
- In 2013, he did his first TV commercial with Malabar Gold’s commercial. He was featured along with the Indian actress Kareena Kapoor in the ad.
- Some of his other TV commercials are Duhita & Manav, Himalaya Quista PRO, Jio, and Kamal Watch Company.
- He has also walked the ramp for many ace Indian fashion designers.
- Rohit has worked in print advertisements for many brands including Raymond and Myntra.
- He has appeared in Hindi TV serials such as ‘Million Dollar Girl’ (2014; Channel V), ‘Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya’ (2015; Zing), and ‘MTV Big F’ (2015; MTV).
- On 23 July 2015, he won the Mr India contest held in Club Royalty, Mumbai. Rahul Rajasekharan Nair and Prateek Gujral finished as the first runner-up and second runner-up respectively. Rohit won Stay-On Mr Active and Provogue Personal Care Best Actor in the sub-contest of the pageant.
- In 2016, he represented India at the Mr World contest held in England at Southport Theatre & Convention Centre, Southport on 19 July 2016. He was declared the winner of the title, and Fernando Álvarez from Puerto Rico and Aldo Ramirez from Mexico finished as first runner-up and second runner-up respectively.
On winning the title, Rohit received a cash prize of $50,000. In the final round of the beauty pageant, Rohit was asked to propose the host of the event Megan Young (Miss World 2013). Rohit proposed to her in Shah Rukh Khan’s style by saying a dialogue ‘Kitni shiddat se maine tumhe paane ki koshish ki hai’ from the Hindi film ‘Om Shanti Om’ (2007).
- He was honoured with the Indian of the Year Award (2016) at the annual 21 Young Guns Award in Goa.
- In 2019, Rohit was selected to play the lead role in the sequel of the Hindi film ‘Dhadkan’ (2000). Later, the film got shelved.
- Rohit Khandelwal has appeared in various Hindi and Punjabi music videos. Some of the music videos in which he has appeared are “Rehne Do Zara” (2019; by Madhubanti Bagchi), “Puchda Hi Nahin” (2019; by Neha Kakkar), “Nikaah” (2022; by Ipsitaa Khullar), and “Khuda Badal Diya” (2022; by Sumit Bhalla).
- He acted in the 2022 Hindi short film ‘Chalti Rahe Zindagi’ in which he played the role of Akash.
- He has been working on various social awareness campaigns for a few years. He has worked for the Versova beach clean program, helping poor children, and promoting education among the children.
- He enjoys reading books, travelling, playing table tennis, and cooking in his leisure time.
- He is a religious person and regularly visits temples and other religious places.
- Rohit has appeared as a guest speaker at various TEDx Talks events.
- He has been featured on many magazines’ covers such as TMM, Society, and Tulip.
|↑1, ↑6||Telegraph India|
|↑2||YouTube – Beauty Pageants|
|↑3, ↑9||Deccan Chronicle|
|↑5, ↑7||The Telegraph Online|
|↑8||The Times of India|