Robin Sharma (Author) Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
Age: 52 Years
Wife: Alka Sharma (ex)
Hometown: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
• Motivational Speaker
• Personal Development Expert
• Former Litigation Lawyer
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet Inches- 5’10”
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||2007: One of the Gurus Globally by Speaking.com
2009: The Brand Laureate Brand Personality Award
2011: Honoured with the Golden Gavel by Toastmasters International
2019: Ranked sixth on the Global Gurus Top 30 Leadership Professionals list
Note: He has many more awards and accolades to his name
|Date of Birth||16 June 1964 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||51Years|
|Birthplace||Uganda, East Africa|
|Hometown||Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada|
|College/University||Schulich School of Law at Dalhousie University, Canada|
|Educational Qualification(s)||LLB and LLM LinkedIn|
|Hobbies||Travel, Backpacking, Sailing, Skiing, Reading Books|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Alka Sharma (ex-wife)|
|Parents||Father- Shiv Sharma (physician)
Mother- Shashi Sharma (teacher)
|Siblings||Brother- Sanjay (a well-known eye surgeon in Canada)|
|Food||Italian Cuisine (Roman Pasta dish Cacio e Pepe), Indian Cuisine|
|Film (s)||Dead Poet’s Society(1989), Life is Beautiful(1997), Gladiator(2000), Scent of a Woman(1992), The Shawshank Redemption(1994), Braveheart(1995), Million Dollar Baby(2004), and The Matrix(1999).|
|Asset/Property||A Cottage in Malibu, southern California, U.S. Instagram
|Net Worth (approx.)||Net worth $10 million (as of 2021)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Robin Sharma
- Robin Sharma is a Canadian author who is best known for the book, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari. He is also a proficient public speaker on leadership and personal mastery.
- Robin started a foundation in 2018 named, The Robin Sharma Foundation for Children (RSDC),” which is a registered charitable foundation, that raises funds from around the world and donates them for the children’s cause.  Robin Sharm-Instagram
- Robin’s second book, a ‘partial autobiography’ titled The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari, which remains an international bestseller to this day, was initially self-published by him and his mother who also did the editing of the book. However, one fine day, he had a chance to meet with Ed Carson, the former president of Harper Collins Canada, in a bookstore. The publisher was very impressed by Robin’s writing, and he picked his books for wider distribution.
- Robin and his wife, Alka, after a long marriage, got separated because of Robin’s hectic schedule. His children Colby and Bianca live with him.
- According to Robin Sharma, his father is his biggest inspiration and philosopher.  Robin Sharma-Facebook
- According to Robin Sharma, once he visited Agra for his leadership presentation, where he also visited the Taj Mahal, and he found it to be the best part of his life.
- In July 2016, Robin visited Nelson Mandela’s prison, which he considers to be the life-changing day of his life.
- Robin’s first seminar on motivational speaking was attended by only 23 people out of which 21 were from his family.
- Apart from being an author, Robin is a notable leadership speaker and a personal development expert. He has even laid the foundation of a global leadership consultancy named Sharma Leadership International (SLI) that trains people for executive posts at MNC’s like Microsoft, Nike, IBM, and Coca-Cola as its clients.
- In a survey conducted by Speaking.com in 2007, Robin was voted among the top five leadership speakers in the world.  Robin Sharma
- According to Robin, his favourite restaurants are in Paris, Florence, Phuket, and the Caribbean. Often he visits these restaurants with his children as he finds it to be a good way to connect to his children.
- As per Robin, he enjoys visiting the art galleries and having exquisite meals whenever he travels.
- Robin is very active on social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Robin’s history teacher Cora Greenaway was the one who first noticed Robin’s writing skills and encouraged him to follow his passion for writing.
- According to Robin, he has a dream of opening a small restaurant in Italy that would only serve the freshest food. Robin Sharma-Instagram
- Although Robin is not good at cooking, his passion for cooking led him to join an online cooking course in North Itlay in which he learned to make Pasta, Pomodoro sauce, Sage, and butter sauce.  Robin Sharma-Instagram