|Full Name||Syed Mohammed Aziz-un-Nabi|
|Famous For||His songs:
a) My Name Is Lakhan from the film, Ram Lakhan (1989)
b) Aap Ke Aa Jane Se from the film, Khudgarz (1987)
c) Mera Karma Tu from the film, Karma (1986)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 155 lbs
|Hair Colour||Semi-Bald, Black|
|Debut||Bengali Film: Jyoti
Bollywood Film: Ambar (1984)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• He was honoured with BFJ Award, thrice, in Kolkata
• He also received Mother Teressa International Award
• Awarded with Aashirwaad Award, twice, in Mumbai
• Honoured with an Award from the former President of India, "Gyani Zail Singh" for excellence in music mdaziz
|Date of Birth||2 July 1954|
|Birthplace||Guma, North 24 Parganas, West Bengal, India|
|Date of Death||27 November 2018|
|Place of Death||Nanavati hospital, Mumbai|
|Age (at the time of death)||64 Years|
|Death Cause||Heart Attack|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|Hometown||Guma, North 24 Parganas, West Bengal, India|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Controversy||In 2017, a dialogue from Karan Johar's film Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, mouthed by Anushka Sharma's character about Mohammed Rafi; "Rafi, Woh Toh Gate Kam The Aur Rote Jyada The," created a buzz in the social media. Mohammed Aziz posted a 5-minute video in which he was slamming Karan Johar for approving disgraceful dialogues in his film. daily.bhaskar|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Children||Son- Not Known
Daughter- Sana Aziz
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Favourite Singer||Mohammed Rafi|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mohammed Aziz
- Mohammed Aziz was a Bollywood, Odia, and Bengali playback singer.
- Mohammed Rafi was his inspiration for singing.
- He was so much into singing that he started singing at a very young age.
- He began his career by singing in a restaurant named, Galib, in Kolkata.
- In 1985, he got his breakthrough when Anu Malik offered him to sing the song, Mard Taangewala for his film, Mard, which starred the legendary actor, Amitabh Bachchan.
- When his song, Mard Taangewala, came out, people thought it was Shabbir Kumar‘s song. As the song gained popularity, gradually, Mohammed Aziz became a popular singer.
- After the success of ‘Mard Tangewala,’ leading music directors of that time such as Laxmikant-Pyarelal, Naushad, Rahul Dev Burman, Bappi Lahiri, Usha Khanna, Rajesh Roshan, Raamlaxman, Jatin Lalit, Anand Raj Anand, Anu Malik, etc, started approaching him.
- He worked for Odia film industry for a long time and sung many private albums, Odia bhajans, and Odia film songs.
- He had been giving stage shows across and outside India since 1967. He was also nominated twice for best male playback singer filmfare award.
- When his career was touching heights, he was considered an heir to Mohammed Rafi. Aziz was among the very few singers who could sing at the 7th note (Saatwan Sur), for instance, his song “Saare Shikawe Gile Bhulaa Ke Kaho.”
- It was Pyarelal, who recognized Aziz’s talent and worked with him in many of his movies.
- Mohammed Aziz gave some super-hits of his career such as My Name is Lakhan, Apke Aa Jane Se, Lal Dupatta Malmal Ka, etc.
- Aziz shared a great bond with music director, Laxmikant-Pyarelal. Laxmikant was credited for Mohammed’s singing career, but after Laxmi, his career took a U-turn as other music directors introduced other singers like Udit Narayan, Kumar Sanu, etc.
- He sang for many iconic actors of Bollywood like Dilip Kumar, Dev Anand, Shammi Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan, Rishi Kapoor, Govinda, Mithun Chakraborty, etc. He also worked with singers including Asha Bhosle, Lata Mangeshkar, Kavita Krishnamurthy, and Anuradha Paudwal.
- He had sung around 20k (20,ooo) songs in his lifespan. There are hundreds of Bhajans and Sufi songs sung by him.
- He shared a good rapport with almost every singer in the industry, but his duets with Asha Bhosle, Anuradha Paudwal, and Kavita Krishnamurthy, were much loved by the audience.
- On 27 November 2017, Aziz passed away at Nanavati hospital in Mumbai aged 64, after he could not survive a heart attack.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡
References/Sources: [ + ]