Father: Shahna Ram
Age: 62 Years
Hometown: Amloh, Punjab
|Physical Stats & More|
|Political Party||Indian National Congress
|Political Journey||Elected as an MLA in the Punjab Legislative Assembly elections for five times until 2022|
|Date of Birth||15 January 1960 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||62 Years|
|Caste||Scheduled Caste My Neta|
|Ethnicity||Bazigar The Tribune|
|Educational Qualification||1989: Matric from Punjab School Education Board, Mohali My Neta|
|Address||H. No.6, Bir Amloh, Amloh, Punjab|
|Controversy||In 2022, he was arrested under the corruption charges in the forest department of Punjab government. He was involved in this scam when he was serving as a minister in the Indian National Congress party in Punjab. Financial Express|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife||Sheela Rani (dairy farming business)
|Parents||Father- Sardar Shahna Ram
Mother- Bani Devi
• Gurpreet Singh Dharmsot
• Harpreet Singh
Daughter- Seema Rani
|Siblings||Brother- Mangat Ram
|Assets/Properties (as of 2022) My Neta||Movable Assets
Cash: Rs. 75,000
Deposits in Banks: Rs. 15,09,239
Motor Vehicles: Rs. 1,85,000
Jewellery: Rs. 15,21,250
Agricultural Land: Rs. 13,00,000
Non Agricultural Land: Rs. 17,60,000
Residential Buildings: Rs. 1,40,00,000
Loans from Banks/FIs: Rs. 30,77,428
|Net Worth (approx.) (as of 2022)||Rs. 1.73 Crores My Neta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sadhu Singh Dharamsot
- Sadhu Singh Dharamsot is an Indian politician. He is a former Minister of Forests, Social Welfare in the Government of Punjab, India. In June 2022, he hit the headlines when he was arrested on the forest scam charges. He was involved in the scam when he was serving as a minister in the Punjab government.
- At the age of 20, Sadhu Singh Dharamsot joined Youth Congress as its coordinator. In 1992, he was first elected as the MLA from the Amloh constituency. He was then appointed as the Deputy Minister (youth welfare) by the then Chief Minister of Punjab Beant Singh.
- In 2002, he was again elected as the MLA of the Amloh constituency. He was then appointed as the parliamentary secretary (public works department, home and youth welfare) by the then Chief Minister of Punjab Captain Amarinder Singh.
- In 2012, Sadhu Singh Dharamsot contested the Punjab assembly elections from the Nabha assembly constituency and defeated SAD’s candidate Balwant Singh by 22,548 votes.
- In 2017, he contested the Punjab Legislative Assembly election from the Nabha constituency of Punjab on the ticket of the Indian National Congress and won. He was then appointed as the Minister of Forests and Social Welfare in the Punjab government. Prior to this, Sadhu Singh Dharamsot had been elected five times as the MLA to the Punjab Legislative Assembly.
- Till 2022, Sadhu Singh Dharamsot represented the Nabha Assembly Constituency as MLA. In 2022, he lost the Punjab Legislative Assembly election from the Nabha Constituency to Gurdev Singh Mann, an Aam Aadmi Party candidate, with a margin of 51,554 votes.
- On 7 June 2022, Sadhu Singh Dharamsot was arrested by the Punjab Vigilance Bureau on corruption charges under a scam in the forest department. The department was earlier headed by Dharamsot when he was the minister in the cabinet of Captain Amarinder Singh. Before his arrest, Guramanpreet Singh (the district forest officer) and Harminder Singh Hummy (a contractor) were arrested in a corruption case. According to the police investigation, Sadhu Singh was involved in the illegal felling of over 25,000 trees. He was booked under the Prevention of Corruption Act and Section 120-B (conspiracy) of the IPC.
- Before being charged in the forest department scam, Sadhu Singh was involved in the Post Matric Scholarship scam. He was accused of providing scholarship money wrongly to private colleges and universities when he was serving as the Social Security Minister in the Indian National Congress-led government in Punjab. Jagaran News
- Sadhu Singh Dharamsot remains very active on various social media platforms.