|Known for||• Wife of Atiq Ahmed
• Alleged Involvement in Umesh Pal Murder Case
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 157 cm
in meters- 1.57 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 2”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Political Party||• All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM)
• Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP)
|Date of Birth||1 July 1972 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||50 Years|
|Birthplace||Dhoomanganj, Prayagraj (then-Allahabad), Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||Kidwai Memorial Girls Inter College, Prayagraj|
|Educational Qualification||She is a graduate. ZEE News|
|Controversy||• Alleged Involvement in Umesh Pal Murder India Today
On 24 February 2023, Umesh Pal, Brother of slain BSP MLA Raju Pal, was gunned down by unknown assailants outside his home following which police named Shaista, her husband, Atiq Ahmed, Atiq's brother, Ashraf and her sons were named as accused in the case registered at Dhoomanganj Police Station. Police also named the bomber Guddu Muslim, the shooter Armaan, Ghulam, and Sabir as accused in the case. She went absconding after Police filed the FIR after which the Police placed a reward of Rs 25,000 on her on 12 March 2023. She approached the CJM court in Prayagraj for anticipatory bail which was rejected. Police later doubled the reward on her to Rs 50000.
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||April 1996|
|Husband/Spouse||Atiq Ahmed (Gangster and former MP and MLA)
|Children||She has 5 sons named Ali, Umar Ahmad, Asad, Ahzaan, and Abaan. Asad Ahmed was gunned down in an encounter with Police on 13 April 2023.
|Parents||Father- Mohammad Haroon (Retired police constable)
Mother- Name not known (Homemaker)
|Siblings||She is the eldest of 6 siblings which include 4 sisters and 2 brothers. One of her brothers is named Zaki Ahmed.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shaista Parveen
- Shaista Parveen is the wife of the gangster and former MP and MLA Atiq Ahmed. She was named as one of the key conspirators of the killing of Umesh Pal in 2023, brother of late BSP MLA Raju Pal.
- Since her father was in the Police, she grew up in the Pratapgarh area of Prayagraj.
- She understood the tactics of the Police as her father was a police constable.
- In 2009, three cases were registered against her related to Forgery and Arms Act in which a charge sheet has also been filed later.
- In January 2022, she alleged that a police team raided her parent’s house in the Chakia area of Prayagraj at midnight by crossing over the boundary of the house. She alleged that there were no males in the house at that time, and the policemen were in a drunk state. She said while talking to the media,
- She joined BSP on 5 January 2023 in hopes of securing political cover for her family. Upon joining BSP, she said that the state’s condition would improve once Mayawati became the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh. She said,
The combination of Dalit and Muslim could bring wonders in political field not only in UP but also across the country. But I feel that things would be good and favourable when the BSP chief becomes the chief minister of the state.” The Times of India
- There were rumours that BSP would field her as the Mayor candidate from Prayagraj; however, they did not prove to be true.
- It was alleged that after her husband Atiq Ahmed was jailed, she started operating his nexus and carried out illegal acts including land grabbing on his behalf with the help of her sons and other gang members.
- Police alleged that most of the shooters who were involved in the killing of Umesh Pal used to meet her frequently.
- In March 2023, she filed an application in a Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) court that the Police illegally picked up her minor sons Azhaan and Abaan from their home, and she was unable to meet them. Police said that both sons were seen roaming in the Kasari Masari area and were taken to the juvenile detention centre in Khuldabad.
- Several places in different cities including Delhi, Greater Noida, Mumbai, and Kolkata were raided to find out her whereabouts after Umesh Pal’s murder; however, she still remained to abscond.
- It was believed that one of her brothers-in-law was a sub-inspector in UP Police, and was posted in Varanasi. She often visited his house. Zee News
- There were rumours that she was not happy with her son Asad’s involvement in Umesh Pal’s murder; however, her husband Atiq was very happy and called Asad ‘Sher ka Beta’.
- Police were unable to release a poster of her as she was always seen wearing a Niqab (Face veil) in public; however, they went through a wedding album and found her photo successfully.
- It was alleged that she would surrender herself after her son Asad‘s encounter in Jhansi on 13 April 2023.
- She was believed to be the leader of Atiq’s gang IS-227 in his absence, and every gang member abided by her orders.
- She does not use social media and does not have any account on various social media handles.