|Sobha Vishwanath Sobha Viswanath - Facebook
|• Shobhz Sobha Viswanath - Facebook
• Mowgli Sobha Viswanath - Instagram
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)
|Black with Light Golden Brown highlights
|Weavers Village (clothing brand)
|Kerala Business Visionary Award (2016)
|Date of Birth
|10 August 1985 (Saturday)
|Age (as of 2022)
|Holy Angels' Convent Higher Secondary School, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
|• All Saints’ College, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
• Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Kerala
|Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Marketing and Human Resources (dual specialisation) from Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Sobha Viswanath - Facebook
• She got a tattoo inked on her right arm.
• She got a tattoo inked on her left shoulder.
• She got a 'pair of paws' tattoo inked on her left leg.
• She got an 'Amma and Trishul' tattoo inked on her right wrist.
• She got Lotus, Om, and Rudraksha tattoo inked on her back.
• She has got six piercings on her left ear.
|Set-up by a Stalker: On 31 January 2021, Sobha was apprehended by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) for possessing 480 grams of ganja in her clothing store located in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. She was later granted bail as the amount seized was less than one kilogram. After the incident, Sobha sought assistance from the Chief Minister of Kerala and the Director General of Police, leading to a Crime Branch investigation. The inquiry found that a UK-based businessman named Harish Haridas, son of the Lords Hospital founder, had orchestrated the event as a means of revenge after Sobha declined his proposal of marriage. Deputy Superintendent S. Amminikuttan headed the Crime Branch team, which unearthed CCTV footage depicting suspicious activities by a maid who later revealed that a former worker named Vivek Raj had been involved in the case. India Today
|Relationships & More
|Separated Talks - Let Me Talk - YouTube
|Brother- Krishnakumar KV (businessman)
Note: Image in parents' section.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sobha Viswanath
- Sobha Viswanath is an Indian social entrepreneur, artist, designer, and activist. Her brainchild, Weavers Village, is a celebrated clothing store located in Kerala, India. Sobha’s undying love for preserving traditional Indian textiles and empowering local artisans has led her to build a successful venture that celebrates the cultural richness of India. Her efforts have provided a platform for weavers and artisans to display their skills and earn a living sustainably.
- She grew up in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- In 2012, Sobha Viswanath began her journey into the handloom industry by establishing ‘Weavers Village,’ a clothing store in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The core principle of this enterprise was to uplift the local weaving community and preserve India’s rich handloom heritage.
- In 2012, she co-founded ‘Save A Rupee, Spread A Smile’ (SARSAS), a charitable organisation in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- She entered into an arranged marriage, but it didn’t turn out well as her husband’s abusive behaviour marred their relationship, leading to their eventual separation.
- On 7 April 2019, Sobha launched ‘Bhoomika,’ a fundraising initiative aimed at supporting those affected by the 2019 Kerala flood. As part of this project, she created dolls seated in a boat using handloom and textile waste and engaged several women from NGOs such as Mahila Mandiram, including those with physical and mental challenges, in the project. In an interview, Sobha discussed the making of the Bhoomika dolls and revealed that the artist intentionally did not design their mouths as he was unsure what expression to give them. The dolls gained widespread acclaim and caught the attention of prominent personalities such as Katrina Kaif, Sonu Nigam, and Nithya Menen. In an interview, Sobha talked about the Bhoomika dolls and said,
Bhoomika means ‘daughter of Mother Earth’ and Deepak Shivraj of Pava Creative Studio came up with the mascot which is a doll. The dolls are made of handloom and textile waste. The ‘bindi’ stands for hope and the boat represents sustainability. The dolls do not have a mouth because Deepak did not know what expression it should have. When we reached out to different places during the floods, we saw children fighting for a bottle of potable water, women in wet clothes with no sanitary napkins and we heard pangs of hunger. Our hearts sank when we saw this and hence we decided that the mascot will not have any expression.” The Indian Express
- The Bhoomika initiative featured Chekutty dolls. These dolls were crafted from the cloth remnants left by the devastating 2004 Kerala tsunami, symbolizing the resilience of mankind in the face of adversity. Despite bearing scars and stains, each Chekutty doll represented a flood survivor, making them a unique and significant part of the initiative.
- Sobha Viswanath possesses an ardent love for wearing sarees. She can frequently be seen showcasing her self-designed ensembles on social media and on various occasions.
- As the first ambassador of Pinkathon from Kerala, Sobha played a key role in introducing the event to the state. She has taken part in the marathon several times in different cities. What sets her apart is that she advocates for handloom by running barefoot in a saree.
- In 2022, she was given a remarkable opportunity to design clothing for the world’s first AI human Sophia.
- Sobha is closely associated with many non-profit organisations. On 27 September 2019, she joined the advisory board of the Jyothirgamaya Foundation established in 2015 by Tiffany Brar, an Indian community service worker.
- On 1 September 2020, Sobha became the executive founding board member at Ashtamudi, a non-profit organisation in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. Additionally, she serves as a trustee on the board of El Shaddai Charitable Trust, a non-profit organization in Goa that works to empower women, youth, and children living in slums through skill-building, education, and livelihood programs.
- Sobha began working as a director at Balaramapuram Handlooms Producers Company on 19 January 2022.
- In 2023, she appeared in the reality show ‘Bigg Boss Malayalam Season 5’ as a contestant; the show was aired on Asianet.
- Sobha Viswanath is a passionate animal lover who adores her furry companions. She has a dog named Pumpkin and four cats named Chilly, Cherry, Pepper, and Kiwi as pets.
- Sobha loves travelling to exotic places. She has a particular fondness for beaches as she finds solace in their serene environment. In an interview, she expressed her passion for beach escapades, highlighting the special place they hold in her heart, by saying,