Hometown: Karachi, Pakistan
Height: 5' 6"
Age: 46 Years
|Other Name||Sumy Ali|
|Profession||Actress, Designer, Journalist, Columnist, Philanthropist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-32-34|
|Hair Colour||Light Brown|
|Date of Birth||25 March 1976|
|Age (as of 2022)||46 Years|
|School||Convent of Jesus and Mary, Karachi, Pakistan
|College/University||Nova Southeastern University, Broward County, Florida
The University of Miami, Miami-Dade County, Florida
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Film and Television
Majoring in Psychology
Masters in Broadcast Journalism
|Debut||Film: Anth (1993)|
Brother- Mohammed Ali
Sisters- Hina Ali, Huma Ali
|Hobbies||Dancing, Travelling, Writing|
|Controversy||In March 2022, she shared a post on social media in which she termed Salman Khan as the 'Harvey Weinstein of Bollywood.' The Tribune In the post, Somy wrote, "The Harvey Weinstein of Bollywood! You will be exposed. The women you abused will come out one day and share their truth. Just like Aishwarya Rai Bachchan."|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Salman Khan (Actor)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Somy Ali
- Does Somy Ali smoke?: Not Known
- Does Somy Ali drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Somy Ali is a Pakistani born former Bollywood actress, model, designer, writer and journalist.
- She is born to an Iraqi mother and Pakistani father with 3 more siblings.
- She was sexually assaulted when she was hardly 5 years old.
- At the age just 12, she shifted to Florida along with her mother and brother.
- She was supported by her brother to choose modelling as her career.
- She was not interested in acting and her only aim to come in Bollywood was to meet her teenage crush, Salman Khan, she was even in a relationship with him for eight years.
- She has appeared in the movies like ‘Krishan Avtaar’, ‘Yaar Gaddar’, ‘Aao Pyaar Karen’, ‘Andolan’, ‘Mafia’, etc.
- In December 1999, she came to Mumbai from Florida to continue her studies.
- She also made documentary films on social awareness related to rape, abortion, domestic violence, and teenage suicide.
- Being a philanthropist, she also helped and fought for the women’s rights issues in South Asia.
- She has written articles about rape victims namely Shazia Khalid, Sonia Naz and Mukhtaran Mai.
- In 2006, she established her own clothing brand ‘So-Me Designs’ and donates to ‘No More Tears’.
- In 2011, she was acclaimed with the ‘American Heritage Award’ from the American Immigration Council for her work with ‘No More Tears’.
- In 2015, she was honored with ‘The Daily Point of Light Award’ by former President George H. W. Bush and presidential proclamation for National Domestic Violence awareness by former President Barack Obama for her work with ‘No More Tears’.