Sooraj Pancholi Height, Age, Girlfriend, Family, Biography & More
|Profession(s)||Actor and Assistant Director|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 15 Inches
|Debut||Film (Hindi; As an Assistant Director): Guzaarish (2010)
Film (Hindi; As an Actor): Hero (2019) as Suraj Kaushik
|Awards||2015: Stardust Award for Best Jodi (Pair) of The Year (shared with Athiya Shetty) for Hero
2016: Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut for Hero
|Date of Birth||9 November 1990 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||32 Years|
|School||• Pali Hill School in Mumbai
• National Open School
|Educational Qualification||Class 12 Vogue|
|Religious Views||Although Sooraj was born to a Hindu father and Muslim mother, he professes Christianity. Vogue|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Filmfare|
|Controversy||In 2013, he was interrogated by the Mumbai Police in Jiah Khan suicide case. It is said that Jiah Khan was in the state of depression because of her falling career and spoiled relationship with Sooraj Pancholi. India Today
Jiah Khan Suicide Case Timeline:
3 June 2013- Jiah Khan committed suicide
7 June 2013- Jiah Khan’s sister found a suicide note from Jiah's apartment, and from Jiah’s phone details it was observed that Sooraj was in a relationship with Jiah, and the letter was hinting at him.
11 June 2013- Sooraj was convicted under Section 306 of abetment to suicide and was subsequently arrested by the Mumbai Police
13 June 2013- Jiah Khan’s post-mortem report confirmed her death by hanging, and Sooraj was taken to the Arthur Road Jail in Mumbai on 14 days remand
1 July 2013- Sooraj was granted bail by the Bombay High Court against a bond of Rs 50,000
2 July 2013- Sooraj Pancholi was not accountable for Jiah Khan’s death as per the Bombay Court’s verdict
4 October 2013- Jiah Khan’s mother filed a plea for the CBI investigation
3 July 2014- High Court ordered CBI's probe into Jiah Khan suicide case
After a series of investigations, on 14 October 2017, Sooraj filed a plea at the Bombay High Court. In the plea, he requested an expedition in the trial proceedings. Jiah Khan’s case was transferred to a special CBI court in 2021. According to the session court judges,
"In the present matter, the investigation is carried out by CBI/SCB (which) filed a supplementary charge sheet. The special courts are established for the trial of cases exclusively investigated by the CBI and a special judge is appointed to deal with said cases. I do not have the power to deal with cases filed by the CBI. Therefore, in my view, it is necessary to transfer the present case to CBI court.”
On 28 April 2023, the special CBI court in Mumbai acquitted him in the Jiah Khan suicide case. In its judgment, the court said that Jiah Khan's mother "destroyed the case of the prosecution" by giving contradictory statements and withholding facts. While reacting to the verdict, Jiah Khan's mother, Rabia Khan, said that she will challenge the verdict in the high court. Rabia Khan said, "The verdict is on alleged suicide, but I have always maintained that Jiah was murdered. This, in fact, strengthens my case." NDTV
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Jiah Khan (actor and model; died on 3 June 2013)
• Larissa Bonesi (rumoured ex-girlfriend; actress) India TV
|Parents||Father- Aditya Pancholi (actor, producer, and singer)
Mother- Zarina Wahab (actor)
|Siblings||Sister- Sana Pancholi (restaurateur; image in parents' section)|
|Other Relative(s)||• Grandfather- Rajan Pancholi
Faris McReynolds (Los Angeles based artiste and singer; his mother's sister's son)
Natasha Pancholi Khatod (actress, producer, writer; granddaughter of Damodar Mahesh Pancholi who was the younger brother of Sooraj's grandfather)
Aditi Singh (actress; daughter of Aditya Pancholi's sister Shraddhha Pancholi)
|Actor(s)||Salman Khan and Ranveer Singh|
|Shoe Brand||Roberto Cavalli|
|Fashion Icon||Saif Ali Khan|
|Film Director||Kabir Khan|
|Fitness Idol(s)||Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone|
|Car Collection||• Jeep Wrangler
• Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML 250 CDI
• Mercedes-Benz G-Class G 63 AMG
• Toyota Fortuner
• BMW 5 Series
• Jaguar XJ L Autobizz
|Bike Collection||Ducati Streetfighter V4 S
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sooraj Pancholi
- Sooraj Pancholi is an Indian actor, who came into the limelight after the suicide of the British-American actress Jiah Khan (Sooraj was dating Jiah before her death).
- His ancestors are from Gujarat, and he was born and brought up in Mumbai.
- In 2012, he worked as an assistant director in the Hindi film ‘Ek Tha Tiger.’
- Some of his Hindi films as an actor are ‘Satellite Shankar’ (2019), ‘Time to Dance’ (2021), and ‘Hawa Singh’ (under production as of 2022).
- He has also appeared in a few Hindi music videos such as “GF BF” (2016) by Gurinder Seagal and “Dim Dim Lights” (2019) by Rahul Jain.
- Sooraj has been featured on the covers of many popular magazines like Filmfare, Society, Stardust, and Exhibit.
- During an interview, he shared one of his best memories from his debut film ‘Hero’ (2015). He said in a scene from the film he had to touch Aditya Pancholi’s (his real-life father) feet, and it was Sooraj’s first time ever touching his feet.
- Sooraj is an avid animal lover. He has seven dogs at his home. The Times of India
- He loves to maintain his fitness and regularly workouts in a gym.
- He enjoys playing football and road cycling.
- Sooraj Pancholi is often spotted drinking alcohol at parties. Bangalore Mirror
- In an interview, while talking about his involvement in the Jiah Khan suicide case, he said,
I am a little satisfied with this because my case should have been in the special CBI Court from the beginning. Now that the matter is in the CBI Court, I am hopeful that we will see closure to this. If the court finds me guilty, I should be penalised, but if it doesn’t, I deserve to be set free from these charges.”
No one understands that it was her decision to do that (commit suicide), you know, it was her choice. It was her mental state to do that. And I think to blame someone for it is really unfair. Because today what if I do that to myself? Who will get blamed? I would blame the media for it because they have put a lot of pressure on me writing false things about me but you can’t really blame things on other people. I think an individual has to be strong and more than boyfriend support, they need family support and I don’t know why the family was not there for her. I have actually been silent because I respect that family. I respect what the family has been through. But the media has become very irresponsible. They only care about their TRPs. There are times when I’m in Court and things have been in my favour and a lot of journalists were there. I asked them, “Will you write this?” They told me they won’t because it’s a positive story and it won’t track. It’s unfair but I also believe in time.”
- He admires the Indian actor Salman Khan and considers him his role model. During an interview, while talking about Salman, Sooraj said,
I don’t really know because whenever I ask him why he has helped me, he has no answer. My parents have known him but they are not friends with him. It’s not like they are always at his Eid parties or at his home or my father’s having a drink with him! This has never been the case. He once generally called me, years back, when I was about 19-years-old. He called me on my phone and said Sooraj come to Yash Raj’s office and meet me. I met him. He asked me to assist Kabir Khan. I assisted. That’s when I became a bit friendly with him. That’s where he got to know me. I don’t know why he helped me.”