Marital Status: Unmarried
Father: Suniel Shetty
Age: 26 Years
|Famous For||Being the daughter of 'Suniel Shetty'|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 54 kg
in pounds- 119 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-24-34|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film: Hero (2015)
|Awards||• Vogue Beauty Award in the category “Face To Watch Out For.” (2015)
• Stardust Award for “Best Jodi of The Year” along with Sooraj Pancholi (2015)
• Dada Saheb Phalke Excellence Award for “Best Debut" (Female) (2015)
• Producers Guild Film Award for Most Promising Debut Jodi shared with Sooraj Pancholi (2016)
• International Indian Film Academy Award for Hottest Pair along with Sooraj Pancholi (2016)
|Date of Birth||5 November 1992|
|Age (as in 2018)||26 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||• Cathedral and John Connon School, Mumbai
• American School of Bombay, Mumbai
|College||New York Film Academy (NYFA), New York, United States|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate (Filmmaking & Liberal Arts)|
|Caste/Ethnicity||• Bunt Community (from her father's side)
• Punjabi Hindu and Gujarati Muslim (from her mother's side) Free Press Journal
|Hobbies||Dancing, Playing with Pets, Doing Photography|
|Tattoo(s)||On The Right Wrist: Angel Wings
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Aditya Bhandari India Today
Drake (Hollywood Rapper) (Rumoured) Times Of India
|Parents||Father- Suniel Shetty (Actor)
Mother- Mana Shetty (Fashion designer, social worker)
|Siblings||Brother- Ahan Shetty (actor)
|Favourite Food||Rajma Rice, Chicken Fried Rice|
|Favourite Desserts||Cinnamon apple pie, Gulab Jamun|
|Favourite Beverage||Coca Cola|
|Favourite Actors||Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan|
|Favourite Actresses||Madhuri Dixit, Kajol|
|Favourite Film||Dil Toh Paagal Hai|
|Favourite Style Icon||Kendall Jenner|
|Favourite Outfits||Boyfriend Jeans, White Shirts|
|Favourite Accessories||Watch, Bracelet|
|Favourite Netflix Show||13 Reasons Why|
|Favourite Holiday Destination||London|
|Favourite Restaurant||'Bastian' in Mumbai|
|Favourite Brands||Givenchy, Anamika Khanna, Ahilya, Off-White, Top Shop, Zara|
|Car Collection||• Jaguar XF
• Mercedes S Class SUV
Some lesser known facts about Athiya Shetty
- Does Athiya Shetty smoke?: Not Known
- Does Athiya Shetty drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Athiya Shetty was born to Suniel Shetty and Mana Shetty in Mumbai.
- Athiya actively participated in sports like football, basketball, and badminton in her school days. She was a part of her school’s swimming team.
- Shetty was also good at singing and was a part of her school choir.
- She was even involved in dramatics in her school days.
- In her childhood, she often used to drape her mother’s sarong as a saree and mimic the Bollywood actresses.
- Before becoming an actress, she had worked as an interior designer, fashion designer, chef, architect, and waitress in the New York cafe.
- In 2018, Athiya featured in the song ‘Tere Naal Nachna’ from the film “Nawabzaade.”
- After the release of her first film, she was made the brand ambassador of the Indian franchise of Maybelline New York.
- Shetty has featured on the covers of various magazines like “Vogue,” “Verve,” “Hello,” “Femina” and “Cosmopolitan Magazine.”
- Athiya is a trained Kathak dancer. She has also received training in few other dance forms from the Remo Dance Academy in Mumbai.
- She loves watching movies and says that she has watched every single Bollywood film in her childhood.
- Shetty had a strong belief on Sai Baba.
- She is very fond of dogs and has a pet pug, Squish.
- Athiya was the schoolmate of Tiger Shroff, Krishna Shroff, and Shraddha Kapoor. Shraddha and Tiger were two years senior to her.
- Athiya revealed during an interview that Tiger Shroff has bullied her a lot in her childhood.
- Her first film “Hero” was offered to her by Salman Khan, after his sister, Alvira spotted Athiya at Yasmin Karachiwala’s gym. However, Alvira at that time was not aware that Athiya was Suniel Shetty‘s daughter.
- Athiya Shetty considers her parental grandfather, Veerapa Shetty, and her maternal grandmother, Vipula Kadri as her inspiration.
- Athiya has been working for the mentally challenged and hearing impaired children at her grandmother’s NGO since she was 12 years old.
- Shetty once shared an incident from the sets of her film ‘Mubarakan’ when she alone ate three McDonald’s burgers while others were looking out for a leafy salad.
References/Sources: [ + ]
|1.||↑||Free Press Journal|
|3.||↑||Times Of India|