|Full Name||Jofra Chioke Archer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 182 cm
in meters- 1.82 m
in feet inches- 6’
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 42 inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Biceps: 14 inches
|International Debut||ODI- On 3 may 2019 against Ireland at Dublin
Test- Did Not Play
T20- On 5 May 2019 against Pakistan at Cardiff
|Domestic/State Team(s)||• Barbados Under-19s
• Hobart Hurricanes
• Quetta Gladiators
• Rajasthan Royals
• Sussex 2nd XI
|Date of Birth||1 April 1995|
|Age (as in 2019)||24 Years|
|School||• Hilda Skeene Primary School, Bridgetown, Barbados
• Christ Church Foundation School, Barbados
|College/University||Dulwich College, London|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Ethnicity||English: from his father's side
Barbadian/Bajan: from his mother's side
|Hobbies||Listening to Music, Travelling|
|Tattoo(s)||He has tattoos on his chest
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Frank Archer
Mother- Joelle Waithe
|Favourite Cricketer(s)||Chris Jordan, Curtly Ambrose, Michael Holding, Craig Kieswetter and Joel Garner|
|Favourite Actor||Josh Peck|
|Favourite Actress||Ashley Tisdale|
|Favourite Film(s)||Transformers, Madea, The Hangover, Robin Hood, Hush-The Movie, Fast & Furious|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Mavado, Kanye Omari West, Lil Chuckee, Miley Cyrus, and Adam Lambert|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jofra Archer
- Does Jofra Archer smoke?: Not Known
- Does Jofra Archer drink alcohol?: Yes
- Jofra Archer is a Barbados-born English cricketer who made his international debut for England in May 2019 and went on to be a part of the England squad that won the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup.
- His father is from England and mother is from Barbados.
- Since his childhood, Jofra was passionate about cricket and also represented his school in various championships.
- Jofra has also been a Long Jump athlete and showed his skills in the sport during his school days.
- Before becoming a part of the English Cricket, Archer had played for West Indies Under-19 in 2013. However, a back injury led him out of the Barbados system.
- Initially, his inclusion in England’s 2019 World Cup squad became subject of much speculation but changes to the ECB’s qualification rules led to him becoming eligible after three years of residency; rather than the expected seven.
- After watching his good performance during the net practice in Barbados, the Barbadian-English cricketer, Chris Jordan, recommended him to play for Sussex.
- After making his debut in first class for Sussex during Pakistan’s tour of England in July 2016; Archer was bought by the Rajasthan Royals in the 2018 IPL auction for £800,000.
- In the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup finals, Archer bowled the super over, which decided the fate of England to lift the World Cup Trophy.
- Although he bowls and bats with his right hand, he writes with his left hand.
- Apart from being a terrific bowler, Jofra is equally good at batting and fielding.
- In his spare time, Jofra loves to play with his pet dogs.
- In August 2019, during the second Ashes Test at Lord’s, Steve Smith collapsed to the ground after being hit in the neck by a ball from Jofra Archer. Smith was on 80 when he was hit on the neck by test debutant Archer; it was a 90 miles per hour delivery. Jofra did attract some criticism on social media for his behaviour after the incident as he walked away and didn’t check on Smith.
Is Jofra Archer the most lethal bowler in world cricket today? He did this to three batsmen in this year's World Cup. I'm seriously praying for Steve Smith. Really concerned about him now. pic.twitter.com/0Zeh9C0092
— Rifat Jawaid (@RifatJawaid) August 17, 2019