Subodh Kumar Jaiswal (CBI Director) Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Hometown: Sindri, Dhanbad
Age: 38 Years
|Profession||Civil Servant (IPS Officer)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Service||Indian Police Service|
|Major Designations||• Additional Superintendent of Police in Amravati, Maharashtra (1986)
• Head of the Special Investigation Team appointed by the high court (2003)
• Head of Anti-Terrorism squad to probe the Malegaon blast case (2006)
• Mumbai Police Commissioner (2018)
• Maharashtra’s Director General of Police (DGP) (2019)
• Chief of the Central Bureau of Investigation (2021)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service (2009)|
|Date of Birth||22 September 1962 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||58 Years|
|Birthplace||Sindri, Dhanbad, Jharkhand|
|Hometown||Sindri, Dhanbad, Jharkhand|
|School||CMRI branch of De Nobili, Digwadih, Dhanbad in 1978|
|College/University||• DAV College, Chandigarh
• University Business School, Panjab University
|Educational Qualification(s)||• B.A. (English)
• MBA Jagran The Financial Express
|Relationships & More|
|Children||He has a son and a daughter.|
|Parents||Father- Shiv Shankar Jaiswal (contractor of the Food Corporation of India, businessman, and philanthropist; Died in 2008)
Mother- Karuna Jaiswal
• Manoj Kumar Jaiswal (Executive Vice President at Murugappa Group)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Subodh Kumar Jaiswal
- Subodh Kumar Jaiswal is a 1985 batch IPS officer of the Maharashtra cadre.
- His grandfather’s name was HN Chowdhary who was Excise Inspector.
- In 1992, his father started Rotary Club in Sindri for the welfare of the people, and till 2008, he headed the club.
- He used to participate in various sports like football, badminton, and volleyball while he was in school and college.
- He attempted the NDA exam thrice while he was pursuing MBA, but he could not clear the exam. He appeared for the UPSC exam and cleared it in 1985.
- He served as the Additional Superintendent of Police in Amravati, Maharashtra, in 1986.
- In 2003, he headed the Special Investigation Team (SIT) constituted by the High Court to probe a multi-crore fake stamp paper scam, and later, the case was transferred to the CBI.
- In 2006, he was appointed as the head of the Anti-Terrorism squad to investigate the Malegaon blast case.
- Later, Subodh served at the Special Protection Group (SPG), Intelligence Bureau (IB), and the Research and Analysis Wing (R&AW).
- He was designated as the Police Commissioner of Mumbai in 2018.
- During his tenure as Maharashtra’s Director General of Police (2019), he had many disagreements with Uddhav Thackeray led Maha Vikas Aghadi (MVA) state government. While talking to the reporters, the former Chief Minister of Maharashtra Devendra Fadnavis said,
Mr Jaiswal is a competent officer. But he was frustrated with how the State government has been functioning over the last few months. He was never taken into confidence. This has happened for the first time in the State.” The Hindu
- Subodh was initially heading the investigating probing in The Elgaar Parishad and Bhima Koregaon, however, in 2020, it was transferred to the CBI.
- During the coronavirus pandemic in 2020, he provided food and essentials to needy people, and for this act, the HDFC bank YouTube channel published a video on him praising his work.
- On 25 May 2021, he was appointed as the director of the Central Bureau of Investigation. A series of meetings were held between Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the Chief Justice of India NV Ramana, and the opposition leader Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury. They shortlisted three names for the position that included Kumar Rajesh Chandra (1985-Bihar cadre IPS), VSK Kaumudi (1986-Andhra Pradesh cadre), and Subodh Kumar Jaiswal, and in the final meeting, Subodh was selected. On his appointment, Secretary ACC Srinivas R Katikithala said,
The Appointments Committee of Cabinet has based on the panel recommended by the committee, approved the appointment of Subodh Kumar Jaiswal, IPS (MH: 1985) as Director, Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for two years from the date of assumption of charge of the office or until further orders whichever is earlier.”