Age: 50 Years
Husband: Nadeem Haidar
• Diplomatic Editor
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Awards||• 2009: NT Award for Best Chat show for ‘Children Day at 7RCR,’ a special interview with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Gursharan Kaur
• 2009: Best TV news Presenter at the News Television Awards
• 2010: ITA Award for the show 'Children’s Day at 7RCR'
• 2011: Best spot news reporting (Libya) Award at the Exchange4Media Awards
• 2011: Global News Coverage Award at the Indian Television Academy-GR8! Awards
• 2013: Best International News Coverage Award at the Enba Exchange4Media Awards
• 2014: Best TV News Presenter Award at the NT Awards
• 2014: People of the Year by Limca Book of Records
• 2015: Prem Bhatia Award for Best Journalist, Diplomatic and International Affairs Reporting
• 2018: Haldighati Award and Maharana Mewar Foundation Award for Best Journalist
|Date of Birth||20 February 1973 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||50 Years|
|Birthplace||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|College/University||• Lady Shriram College, Delhi
• Boston University’s College of Communication, USA
|Educational Qualification(s)||• A Bachelor’s degree from Lady Shriram College
• A Master of Broadcast Journalism from Boston University’s College of Communication
|Relationships & More|
• Ava Mumtaz
• Maya Mehr
|Parents||Father- Subramanian Swamy (Indian politician, economist, statistician, and a former professor of Mathematical Economics at IIT Delhi)
Mother- Roxna Swamy
Sister- Gitanjali Swamy (entrepreneur and private equity professional)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Suhasini Haidar
- Suhasini Haidar is an Indian journalist. She is the Diplomatic Editor of The Hindu, an Indian English-language newspaper, and former Foreign Affairs editor and prime-time anchor of CNN-IBN.
- She began her journalism career in 1994 as an intern at CNN’s United Nations bureau in New York.
- In April 1995, she joined the CNN New Delhi bureau as a producer. Over the next decade, from 1995 to 2005, she made significant contributions to CNN International, reporting regularly from many countries such as India, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, and Bangladesh.
- In 2000, during her in-depth reporting in Kashmir, she got injuries in a bomb blast.
- She spent a month working for CNN.com in New York, contributing to their 9/11 attack coverage in 2001.
- Her reporting played a key role in CNN’s recognition with the prestigious Columbia-Dupont Broadcast Journalism Award in 2005 which was awarded particularly for its extensive coverage of the 2004 Indian tsunami.
- She later became a correspondent for CNN International’s New Delhi bureau.
- From 2005 to 2014, she held the position of Foreign Affairs editor and prime-time anchor at CNN-IBN.
- She works as the Diplomatic Editor at The Hindu, where she writes about foreign policy and hosts the online show ‘WorldView with Suhasini Haidar.’
- In 2006, Suhasini Haidar made history as the only woman on board an Indian Naval warship, INS Mumbai, during the evacuation of Indian citizens from Lebanon.
- In March 2011, she was the sole Indian journalist present in areas controlled by Gaddafi during the Libyan conflict.
- Her career also includes interviews with several prominent world leaders, including Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, former Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd, former Spanish Prime Minister Jose Maria Aznar, and former Prime Minister of Pakistan Imran Khan.
- She regularly practices yoga to stay fit and healthy.
- She is an avid animal lover and is the owner of two pet dogs named Pepper and Darius.
- In November 2017, she gave a TEDx speech on the subject ‘Learning to Use Your Moment of Truth.’