Age: 58 Years
|Full name||Sudhi Kumar Suri Sudhir Kumar Suri - Facebook|
|Other name||S. K. Suri|
|Political Party||Shiv Sena Taksali
|Physical Stats & More|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||12 March 1964 (Thursday)|
|Date of Death||4 November 2022 (Friday)|
|Place of Death||Majitha Road, Amritsar, Punjab|
|Age (at the time of death)||58 Years|
|Death Cause||Shot dead outside Gopal Mandir in Amritsar, Punjab Hindustan Times|
|Political Inclination||Hindu Shiv Sena|
|Controversy||Arrested and Served Jail Multiple Times: Reportedly, Sudhir Suri hit headlines multiple times after being booked for several cases. In April 2020, he was arrested for delivering unacceptable comments against the Tablighi Jamaat community by the Amritsar rural police. After three months of this arrest, he was again booked by the Punjab police from Indore, Madhya Pradesh, for sharing an objectionable video on social media which was instigating enmity between two groups; however, Sudhir Suri denied the charges. According to some media outlets, he was taken into custody for the third time for sharing a video on social media in which he was talking against a specific community. India Today|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
• Eklavya Suri
• Manik Suri
• Paras Suri
|Parents||Father- Harbans Lal Suri (deceased)
Mother- Bimla Suri
• T. N. Suri (retd. SDO at Punjab Mandi Board)
• Brij Mohan Suri
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sudhir Suri
- Sudhir Kumar Suri was an Indian politician who supported and led the Shiv Sena Taksali group.
- Reportedly, Sudhir was shot by 31-year-old Sandeep Singh alias Sunny outside Gopal Mandir in Amritsar, Punjab where Sudhir was protesting against the allegedly found Hindu idols in the garbage on the roadside.
- According to the reports, a doctor, Ajay Sharma, who was present that the location, told the media that two men in a car – with a sticker of ‘Waris Panjab De’ – shot Sudhir at point black range while he was demonstrating the protest outside the Gopal Mandir. While sharing the details of the killing of Sudhir Suri, Ajay Sharma said,
- According to police officials, Sudhir Suri was on numerous gangsters’ hit lists for a very long time, thus the government sent eight Punjab police officers to provide him security. Some sources claim that he was on the target of the Khalistani group since 2016. India Today
- A gangster from Canada named Lakhbir Singh Landa (also known as Landa Harike) posted a picture on social media, where he took responsibility for killing Sudhir Suri.
- Reportedly, he was provided with the Y-category security.
- According to reports, Sudhir Suri and other protesters set the dummy of Pakistan’s then-prime minister on fire in an effort to draw attention to the deaths of two Hindus and a Sikh teacher.
- Reportedly, Paras Suri, son of Sudhir Suri, demanded the martyr status to be provided to his father or his cremation would be kept on hold. While claiming to fulfil his demand, Paras Suri said,