Hometown: Budgam, South Kashmir
Marital Status: Divorced
Age: 42 Years
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 5”
|Date of Birth||11 April 1978|
|Age (as of 2020)||42|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Hometown||Budgam, South Kashmir, J&K|
|School||Apeejay School, Delhi|
|College/Institute||Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi
Indian Institute of Mass Communication, Delhi
|Family||Father- Maharaj Krishan Razdan (Chief Editor, PTI)
Mother- Sarla Razdan
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Hobbies||Listening to Music and Reading Books|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Neelesh Misra (Radio Storyteller)
Omar Abdullah (Indian Politician)
|Husband||Neelesh Misra (m. 2005; div. 2007)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nidhi Razdan
- She grew up in a family that was obsessed with news and current affairs.
- During her school days, she wasn’t interested to become a journalist; rather a doctor. However, after her father’s suggestion, she decided to venture into the media.
- By the age of 18, she realised that she wanted to become a journalist.
- She became popular by NDTV 24×7 news show Left, Right & Centre.
- Razdan married journalist and writer, Neelesh Misra, in 2005. The couple divorced a few years later.
- In 2011, Nidhi Razdan received the Teacher’s Achievement Award (TAA) for Communication (Electronic Journalism).
- She was awarded Ramnath Goenka for Excellence in Journalism for reporting from Jammu and Kashmir and north-eastern India.
- She received the Jammu and Kashmir State government award for excellence in journalism.
- Once, she was stalked by a guy who used to send her predatory messages and emails. In the following video, she has opened up about the stalking incidence.
- While on a visit to India, Barack Obama refused Nidhi Razdan to ask him a question.
- To get relaxed, she uses to play with her dogs.
- It was rumoured that she was hooked up with CM of Jammu Kashmir Omar Abdullah.
- In January 2021, she issued a statement to say that she had become a victim of the phishing attack. According to Razdan, she accepted a job offer for the position of associate professor of journalism at Harvard University in 2020; however, she noticed “administrative anomalies” after her joining date was shifted from September 2020 to January 2021 on the pretext of the COVID-19 pandemic. When she contacted the university, the university officials denied any such job offer, even Harvard University’s Faculty of Arts and Sciences does not have a department of journalism; moreover, the university does not have a professional school of journalism. Ms. Razdan, in her statement, said,
- Here’s an interesting video about Nidhi Razdan’s biography: