Hometown: Budgam, South Kashmir
Marital Status: Divorced
Age: 49 Years
|Profession(s)||Journalist, News Anchor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Associated With||NDTV India
Note: She resigned from NDTV on 31 January 2023. The Free Press Journal
|Designation||Executive Editor at NDTV|
|Famous Shows||• Prime Time news on NDTV 24x7
• Left, Right & Centre
• India Decides @ 9
• The Lead
• The Big Fight
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||2009: Ramnath Goenka Award for Excellence in Journalism for reporting from Jammu and Kashmir and Northeast India
• Outstanding Media Person Award for excellence in journalism by the state government of Jammu and Kashmir
• News Show Host of the Year 2010 – English at the Indian News Broadcasting Awards
• Teacher's Achievement Award (TAA) for Communication (Electronic Journalism)
• Best Achor at 'exchange4Media Awards'
2015: 'Delhi's Most Stylish Women Award' at HT Style Awards 2015
|Date of Birth||11 April 1974 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||49 Years|
|Hometown||Budgam, Central Kashmir, Jammu & Kashmir|
|School||Apeejay School, Sheikh Sarai, New Delhi|
|College/University||• Lady Shri Ram College, New Delhi
• Indian Institute of Mass Communication, Delhi
|Educational Qualification||• Bachelor's degree from Lady Shri Ram College
• Post- Graduate Diploma in Radio and TV Journalism from the Indian Institute of Mass Communication
|Hobbies||Listening to Music and Reading Books|
|Relationships & More|
Omar Abdullah (rumoured)
|Marriage Date||Year 2005|
|Husband/Spouse||Neelesh Misra (m. 2005; divorced 2007)
|Parents||Father- Maharaj Krishan Razdan (Chief Editor, PTI)
Mother- Sarla Razdan
|Siblings||Brother- Nitin Razdan
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nidhi Razdan
- Nidhi Razdan is an Indian journalist, TV anchor, and author. She was associated with the news channel NDTV and is mainly known for anchoring the show ‘Left, Right & Centre.’ On 31 January 2023, she took resignation from NDTV after working there for more than 22 years.
- She grew up in a family that was obsessed with news and current affairs.
- During her school days, she wasn’t interested to become a journalist; rather a doctor. However, after her father’s suggestion, she decided to venture into the media.
- By the age of 18, she realised that she wanted to become a journalist.
- She became popular through the NDTV 24×7 news show ‘Left, Right & Centre.’
- After joining NDTV in 1999, she covered various significant news such as the India-US nuclear deal, the hijacking of IC 814 in 1999, earthquakes in Gujarat in 2001 and Kashmir in 2005, and the bombing in London in 2007.
- She primarily took into her consideration the realm of politics, economics, foreign affairs, and social stories from the Indian subcontinent for her news.
- Once, she was stalked by a guy who used to send her predatory messages and emails. In the following video, she opened up about the stalking incident.
- While on a visit to India, Barack Obama refused Nidhi Razdan to ask him a question.
- To get relaxed, she uses to play with her dogs.
- It was rumoured that she was hooked up with the CM of Jammu Kashmir Omar Abdullah.
- In June 2017, Sambit Patra made a derogatory comment over the news channel NDTV on the show ‘Left, Right & Centre’ after which Nidhi Razdan, who was hosting the show, ask him to leave the show between the ongoing debate. Business Standard
- In July 2017, her book “Left, Right and Centre: The Idea of India” was published by Penguin Random House India which she later presented at Rashtrapati Bhavan to Pranab Mukherjee, the former President of India. She named her book after her popular news show ‘Left, Right & Centre.’
- In 2019, NDTV was given the IPI India Award for Excellence in Journalism for exposing the ‘Kathua rape case,’ anchored by Nidhi Razdan. The award given to NDTV comprised a cash prize of Rs 2 lakh, a trophy and a citation. Business Standard
- In January 2021, she issued a statement saying that she had become a victim of the phishing attack. According to Razdan, she accepted a job offer for the position of associate professor of journalism at Harvard University in 2020; however, she noticed “administrative anomalies” after her joining date was shifted from September 2020 to January 2021 on the pretext of the COVID-19 pandemic. When she contacted the university, the university officials denied any such job offer, even Harvard University’s Faculty of Arts and Sciences does not have a department of journalism; moreover, the university does not have a professional school of journalism. Ms Razdan, in her statement, said,
- In June 2020, she quit NDTV in order to join Harvard University as an associate professor; however, she re-joined the channel in February 2022 after she came to know about the fraud behind the job offer from Harvard University.
- Nidhi Razdan joined the Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM) in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh as Director of Strategic Programmes and Outreach and as a visiting faculty at Kautilya School of Public Policy in May 2021.
- In her career span as a reporter, she did ground reporting in various dangerous situations in Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan. She recalled one such incident in an interview and recalled that once she was interviewing the people in Kashmir, who had crossed the Line of Control (LoC) and was caught on the blacklist after which Pakistan banned her visa for five years. Verve She further revealed that she has also done some documentaries in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir, Tibet, and the UK after train bombings in that areas. NDTV
- On 31 January 2023, she took to Twitter to announce her resignation from NDTV.
- Here’s an interesting video about Nidhi Razdan’s biography: