Surendra Pal Height, Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
Height: 6' 2"
Age: 66 Years
Marital Status: Divorced
|Full Name||Surendra Pal Singh|
|Famous Role(s)||• "Dronacharya" in B. R. Chopra's "Mahabharat" (1988)
• "Tamraj Kilvish" in "Shaktimaan" (1997)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 188 cm
in meters- 1.88 m
in feet & inches- 6’ 2”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper (semi-bald)|
|Debut||Hindi Film: Shama (1981)
Malayalam Film: Prayikkara Pappan (1995)
Tamil Film: Mr. Romeo (1996)
TV: Mahabharat (1988)
|Date of Birth||25 September 1953 (Friday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||66 Years|
|Birthplace||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||He did his schooling from UP Board.|
|Educational Qualification||He did his graduation from Ghaziabad.|
|Political Inclination||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Facebook|
|Controversy||In 2019, Cobrapost, during its sting operation, named Surendra Pal as one of the celebrities who used to do paid promotions for political parties in India. When Cobrapost arranged a meeting with Pal at the Lokhandwala Love & Latte coffee shop, he fell into the trap and accepted their offer to do paid promotions for the BJP. When Cobrapost offered him an eight-month contract according to which Pal would be paid Rs. 30 lakh per month for 15 messages on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, he happily agreed to that and said, "Bas aap ye dhyan rakhiyega ki aath mahine continue rakhein ye nahi ki beech mein chhod dein aap mujhe … aur agar ho sake toh fir aath mahine ke baad bhi fir continue rakhein usko aage bhi zaroorat padegi (Please see to it that you honour the contract for eight months. Don’t leave me half way through it … and if it is possible continue it after eight months. You may need it further).” Cobrapost|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Year 1996|
|Wife/Spouse||Barkha Sharma Singh (m. 1996; div. 2002)
• Shivam Singh (a television anchor)
• Shubham Singh (a Commerce graduate from Delhi University)
• Shivangi Singh (a Gym Manager at a five-star hotel in Goa)
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (he was a DSP in Uttar Pradesh)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||He has five brothers - two brothers joined the Indian Army and one brother joined the police service. News 18 Rajasthan|
|Director||Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Vishal Bhardwaj|
|Music Genre||Rajasthani Folk|
|Politician(s)||Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Narendra Modi|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Surendra Pal
- Surendra Pal is an Indian film and television actor who is best known for playing the role of Dronacharya in B. R. Chopra’s Mahabharat (1988). He is also known for his role “Tamraj Kilvish” in the Indian superhero television show “Shaktimaan” (1997-2005).
- He was born in a middle-class family in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. His father was a DSP in Uttar Pradesh and out of his five brothers, two joined the Indian Army and one the police service. His father wanted Surendra to join either the Indian Army or the police service; however, Surendra wasn’t interested in any of them, rather he wanted to be an actor.
- In 1980, at the age of twenty-four, Surendra Pal let his home and moved to Mumbai to become an actor. At that time, he had not much knowledge about films, and he even didn’t know the difference between a director and a producer. News 18 Rajasthan
- Surendra Pal made his debut with the 1981 Hindi film “Shama,” which was produced by Kader Khan. He did a negative role in the film alongside, Shabana Azmi and Girish Karnad.
- His second film was Grahasti (1984) in which he worked alongside Ashok Kumar.
- Pal was first noticed by J. P. Dutta’s film Ghulami (1985) in which he played the role of ‘Daku Suraj Bhan.’
- In his career, Surendra Pal has done more than 40 films. He has also appeared in several popular Bollywood films, such as Khuda Gawah (1992), Lakshya (2004), Jodhaa Akbar (2008), Airlift (2016), and Rangoon (2017).
- Surendra Pal is actively involved in promoting Rajasthani films and has acted and produced a few Rajasthani films, like Nani Bai Ro Mayro (2017) and Pakki Herogiri (2016).
- After doing B. R. Chopra’s Mahabharat, he became a household name and even today, he is better known as Dronacharya. His dialogues as Dronacharya in Mahabharat became very popular. Here’s a dialogue of Dronacharya from Mahabharat –
अपनी सीमाओं का उल्लंघन मत करो दुर्योधन। ये मत भूलो कि तुम आचार्य द्रोण से बात कर रहे हो, उन असहाय पांडव पुत्रों से नहीं। मैं तुम्हारे एक-एक शब्द का उत्तर अपने बाणों से दे सकता हूं। रणभूमि और क्रीड़ा भवन में अंतर करना सीखो। युद्ध भूमि हमारे पक्ष में है, लेकिन युद्ध का परिणाम नहीं।”
- When Surendra Pal landed with the role of Dronacharya in Mahabharat, he was just 26 years old.
- Initially, he was very sceptical about portraying Dronacharya in Mahabharat; as he feared that the role would typecast him in the industry.
- After Mahabharat, Surendra Pal started getting many offers for various television projects. He appeared in many more popular television shows in which he delivered many memorable performances, such as ‘Mahamatya Rakshas’ in Chanakya (1991), ‘Dhundh’ in The Zee Horror Show (1995), ‘Tamraj Kilvish’ in Shaktimaan (1997), ‘Kailashnath’ in Shagun (2001), ‘Guruji’ in Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki Season 2 (2005), and ‘Prajapati Daksha’ in ‘Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev’ (2011).
- It took him 23 years to take another mythological role after Mahabharat when he did the role of “Prajapati Daksha” in ‘Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev’ (2011).
- He tasted his second wave of success after Dronacharya with the role of “Tamraj Kilvish” in the popular Indian superhero television show “Shaktimaan.” Tamraj Kilvish became very popular among the children and his one-liner “Andhera Kaayam Rahe” is considered one of the popular one-liners of the Indian television.
- The real face of Tamraj Kilvish was revealed after 50 episodes of Shaktimaan. Surendar Pal brought many innovative ideas for Tamraj Kilvish’s makeup, and he even used an old wig that he had used in Amitabh Bachchan starrer Khuda Gawah.
- Surendra Pal is a BJP supporter, and he often campaigns for the party in various elections across the country. Facebook
- He loves dogs and has a pet puddle dog “Kaju.”
- In his leisure time, he loves to play Polo.
Fill & Win iPhone 14 Pro Max
Get a Chance to Win an iPhone 14 Pro Max*
Last Month's Winners