Taher Merchant (1993 Mumbai Blast) Age, Biography, Wife, Controversies, Facts & More
|Full Name||Taher Mohd. Merchant|
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
|Age (as in 2017)||Not Known|
|Birth Place||Dongri, Mira-Bhayandar city, Thane, Maharashtra|
|Hometown||Dongri, Mira-Bhayandar city, Thane, Maharashtra|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Controversies||He is one of the masterminds in the 1993 Mumbai Serial Blasts and on 7 September 2017, TADA court awarded death sentence to Taher Mohd. Merchant|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Taher Merchant
- Does Taher Merchant smoke:? Yes
- Does Taher Merchant drink alcohol:? Not Known
- He is one of the masterminds of the 1993 Mumbai Serial blasts.
- He was born in Dongri, the place where Dawood Ibrahim was born. He grew up with Dawood in Dongri.
- He earned the nickname of “Taklya” for being semi-bald.
- Merchant managed to keep a low profile as he had no past criminal record.
- When Dawood Ibrahim fled to Dubai, Merchant headed logistics for all of the D gang’s activities.
- In 1993, he became actively involved ‘Tehreek-e-Inteqaam’ (a movement for revenge of Babri Masjid Demolition).
- According to sources, Merchant became associated with Taufiq Jaliawala, a known ISI agent who is one of the people who financed the blasts.
- Soon, Merchant came into contact with Tiger Memon, who regularly visited Dubai in connection with Dawood’s smuggling operations. Merchant convinced Memon to join ‘Tehreek-e-Inteqaam’ and Memon agreed to take care of the execution.
- Rakesh Maria (former Mumbai Police Commissioner) said, “Merchant’s role in the blasts was huge.” Merchant was the one who coordinated between the ISI and the D gang.
- On 7 September 2017, a special Terrorist and Disruptive Activities (Protection) Act (TADA) court awarded death sentence to Taher Merchant and Firoz Khan and life imprisonment to Abu Salem and Karimullah Osan Khan in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case.