|Real Name||Tanuja Chandra|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 145 lbs
|Date of Birth||3 June 1969|
|Age (as in 2018)||49 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Educational Qualification||• Bachelor of Arts in English Literature
• Master of Fine Arts in Film Directing
|Debut||Film (Writer): Dil To Pagal Hai (1997)
Film (Director): Dushman (1998)
TV (Director): Zameen Asmaan (1995)
|Hobbies||Photography, Cooking, Travelling|
|Boys, Affairs, and More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Parents||Father- Navin Chandra (Worked as Executive with Union Carbide)
Mother- Kamna Chandra (Film Writer)
|Siblings||Brother- Vikram Chandra (American-Indian Writer)
Sister- Anupama Chopra (Film Critic)
|Favourite Director||Mahesh Bhatt|
|Favourite Actor||Irrfan Khan|
|Favourite Food||Rajma Chawal|
|Favourite Sportsperson||Roger Federer|
|Favourite Writer||Neil Gaiman|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Tanuja Chandra
- In 1995, she made her debut as a director with the TV series Zameen Aasmaan.
- After directing another TV series in 1996, she went on writing one of the hit films directed by Yash Chopra, Dil Toh Pagal Hai, released in 1997.
- In collboration with Mahesh Bhatt, she wrote the screenplay of the film, Zakham in 1998.
- In 1998, she also made her cinematic directorial debur with Mahesh Bhatt’s film, Dushman, starring Kajol as the protagonist in the film. The film did well at the box office.
- She has directed a number of movies since then but many of them went unnoticed. Her films like, Sur – The Melody of Life (2002) and Film Star (2005) managed to perform well at the box office.
- In 2006, she directed a Indian english language film, Hope and a Little Sugar, which was entirly shot in US.
- In 2017, she directed the film, Qarin Qarib Singlle, which starred Irrfan Khan and Parvathy. The film was well received at the box office.
- In 2018, she directed a short film, Silvat, starring Kartik Aryan and Meher Mistry in the lead roles.
- She has also authored a book named, “Bijnis Women.”