|Full Name||Christopher Anthony John Martin|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Record Producer, Philanthropist|
|Famous For||Being a member of the band Coldplay|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 186 cm
in meters- 1.86 m
in feet inches- 6’ 1”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 175 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 42 inches
- Waist: 35 inches
- Biceps: 14 inches
|Hair Colour||Medium Blond|
|Date of Birth||2 March 1977|
|Age (as in 2018)||41 Years|
|Birthplace||Whitestone, Devon, England|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Whitestone, Devon, England|
|School||Exeter Cathedral School, Sherborne School|
|College/University||University College London|
|Educational Qualification||Honours in Greek and Latin|
|Debut||Album: Parachutes (2000)|
|Political Inclination||British Conservative Party|
|Hobby||Listening to Music|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||2009: Grammy Award for Song of the Year- Viva La Vida
2003: NME Award for the Hottest Man
|Controversy||He was involved in a controversy in 2016 during his concert in India. Indian National Congress Leader, Nawab Malik, accused him of hurting sentiments of the Indians and disrespecting the Indian Flag when a video showcased of him with the Indian Flag; hanging from his back pocket.|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Natalie Imbruglia (2000) (Singer)
• Gwyneth Paltrow (2002-2003) (Actress)
• Jennifer Lawrence (2014-2015) (Actress)
• Annabelle Wallis (2015-2017) (Actress)
• Dakota Johnson (2017) (Actress)
|Marriage Date||5 December 2003|
|Divorce Date||14 July 2016|
|Wife/Spouse||Gwyneth Paltrow (Actress)
|Children||Son- Moses Bruce Anthony Martin
Daughter- Apple Blythe Alison Martin
|Parents||Father- Anthony Martin (Retired Accountant)
Mother- Alison Martin (Music Teacher)
|Siblings||Brothers- Alex Martin, Richard Martin
Sisters- Rosie Martin, Nicola Martin
|Favourite Food||Chicken and Dumplings|
|Favourite Band(s)||U2 and Take That|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Morten Harket, Richard Ashcroft|
|Favourite Song||Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve|
|Favourite Actor||Simon Pegg|
|Favourite Football Club||Arsenal|
|Car Collection||Audi A8, Range Rover, Jeep Wrangler|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$121 Million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chris Martin
- Does Chris Martin smoke ?: No
- Does Chris Martin drink alcohol?: No
- He was born in a musical atmosphere. His mother was a music teacher and could play multiple instruments.
- He has four siblings and is the eldest among them.
- At the age of 11, he first formed his group, “The Rocking Honkies,” with his school friend, James.
- He then shifted to Sherborne School in Dorset after attending prep school. There, he met Phil Harvey who later became his band’s manager.
- He continued with his studies and went to University College London where he graduated with first-class and studied Ancient World Studies, Greek, and Latin. In the college, he met hopeful musicians, Jonny Buckland and Will Champion.
- With his University friend Buckland, Will Champion, and Guy Berryman, he formed an alternative rock band Starfish. They later changed the name to Coldplay.
- In 2000, they released their first album, “Parachutes,” which became an instant hit. The singles ‘Shiver’, ‘Trouble’, and ‘Yellow’ became very popular and the album went multi-platinum in Australia, U.S. and Britain. The album also went on to win the Grammy Award for Best Alternative Music Album and went multi-platinum in the U.S.
- In 2002, they released their second album, “A Rush of Blood to the Head.” This album went on to win many Domestic and International Awards.
- With his initial success with the band, he started his solo career as well in 2002. He sang vocals with artists like Faultline, Ron Sexsmith, and Ian McCulloch.
- On 5 December 2003, he married the actress, Gwyneth Paltrow in a quiet ceremony.
- On 14 May 2004, the couple was blessed with a daughter, Apple Blythe Alison Martin. Chris and the band released the song “I am your baby’s daddy” with the name “the Nappies” in anticipation of the birth of Apple.
- In 2005, he was named the World’s Sexiest Vegetarian by PETA. He was vegetarian for a while but started eating non-vegetarian after his split with his wife, Gwyneth Paltrow.
- On 8 April 2006, the couple welcomed their second child, a son, Moses Bruce Anthony Martin. The name “Moses” was inspired by a song, “Moses”, which Chris wrote for Gwyneth.
- In 2006 and 2007, his solo career took an upward turn and gained worldwide fandom. He performed with stars like Jay-Z, Kanye West, Michael Stipe and many more.
- In March 2014, Martin and Paltrow announced their separation. They formally got divorced on 14 July 2016.
- In 2016, he performed in Mumbai, India in the Global Citizen Festival. Many Bollywood stars were also present at the event namely, Amitabh Bachchan, A. R. Rahman, Alia Bhatt, Ranveer Singh, Amir Khan, Katrina Kaif, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Farhan Akhtar, among others.
- He has also featured in many television shows and movies. He featured in an episode of the TV Show, Modern Family.
- He is great friends with actor and producer, Simon Pegg. He and Jack Buckland are Apple’s godfather. In exchange, Chris is the godfather to Pegg’s daughter.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)