Hometown: Kolkata, West Bengal
Husband: Kunal Shome
Age: 44 Years
|Profession(s)||Actor, Theatre Artist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 161 cm
in meters- 1.61 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 3”
|Debut||Film (English): Monsoon Wedding (2001) as Alice
Film (Bengali): Shadows of Time (2004) as Deepa
Film (Hindi): Turning 30 (2011) as Malini Roy
Film (Punjabi): Qissa: The Tale of a Lonely Ghost (2013) as Kanwar
|Awards||• 2013: Abu Dhabi Film Festival for Best Actress for the Qissa: The Tale of a Lonely Ghost
• 2019: Best Actor Award by Jagran Film Festival
• 2020: FOI Online Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role for the film Señor
• 2021: IWM Buzz Digital Award for Best Actress in a Digital Film for Chintu Ka Birthday
• 2021: Critics Choice Film Award for Best Actress (Female) for the film Señor
• 2021: Filmfare Award for Best Actress for the film Señor
• 2023: Hitlist OTT Award for Best Supporting Actor-Female for the web series Delhi Crime
• 2023: IWM Buzz Digital Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Negative Role for the web series Delhi Crime
• 2023: Best Supporting Actor (Female) in a Drama Series for ‘Delhi Crime Season 2’ at Filmfare OTT Awards (26 November 2023)
|Date of Birth||25 June 1979 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||44 Years|
|Birthplace||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|College/University||• Lady Shri Ram College, New Delhi
• Delhi University, New Delhi
• New York University, New York City
|Educational Qualification||• Bachelor of Arts (honours) at Lady Shri Ram College, New Delhi
• Masters in English Literature at Delhi University
• Masters in Educational Theatre at New York University, New York City Mans World India
|Ethnicity||Bengali The New Indian Express|
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian Instagram – Tillotama Shome|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Year, 2015
|Husband/Spouse||Kunal Shome (nephew of the Indian actress Jaya Bachchan)
|Parents||Father- Anupam Kumar Shome (retired from the Indian Air Force)
Mother- Baisakhi Shome (former stage performer)
|Siblings||Brother- Gaurav Shome (younger)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Tillotama Shome
- Tillotama Shome is an Indian actor and theatre artist. She mainly works in Hindi films and web series.
- In an interview, she shared that she used to stammer in childhood. Later, when she started working in theatres, she got over stammering. Telegraph India
- While she was enrolling at New York University, she got a letter of recommendation from the Indian filmmaker Mira Nair.
- After graduating from NYU, she worked at domestic violence shelters and prisons with the Creative Arts Team.
- To brush up her acting skills, she joined Asmita Theatre Group, New Delhi
- She has worked as a model in many print advertisements and photoshoots.
- She has also walked the ramp in many popular fashion shows.
- She has been working as a theatre artist for many years. She has performed in many theatre plays like ‘What is Done is Done.’
- She has acted in a few English films such as ‘Little Box of Sweets’ (2006), ‘The Waiting City’ (2009), and ‘Sold’ (2014).
- She did a Bengali film ‘Tasher Desh’ in 2012.
- Some of her Hindi films as an actor are ‘Shanghai’ (2012), ‘Hindi Medium’ (2017), ‘Sir’ (2018), and ‘Angrezi Medium’ (2020).
- In 2012, Shome acted in the German film ‘Monsoon.’ She played the role of Shanti in the film.
- She has appeared in various English short films like ‘Clap Clap’ (2003), ‘Butterfly’ (2003), ‘Long After’ (2006), and ‘Zamir and Preeti: A Love Story’ (2009).
- She acted in the 2013 Nepali short film ‘Sahasi Chori’ in which she played the role of Radha.
- She has also appeared in a few Hindi short films like ‘Nayantara’s Necklace’ (2015) and ‘Love Shots’ (2016).
- She has acted in various Hindi web series like ‘Mentalhood (2020; ALTBalaji and ZEE5), ‘Delhi Crime’ (2022; Netflix), ‘The Night Manager’ (2023; Disney+ Hotstar), ‘Tooth Pari: When Love Bites’ (2023; Netflix), and ‘Lust Stories 2’ (2023; Netflix).
- She loves animals and has shared many pictures of them on her social media accounts.
- She oftenly smokes cigarettes.
- She regularly practices yoga to remain fit.
- Whenever she gets time from her busy schedule, she enjoys travelling and reading books.
- She has appeared on various magazine covers such as ISHQ, HT Brunch, Filmfare, Runway Square, and Cosmopolitan.
- She is a good friend of actress Konkona Sen Sharma.