Husband: Sandesh Kulkarni
Age: 44 Years
Mother: Jyoti Subhash
|Full Name||Amruta Subhashchandra Dhembre|
|Famous Role||RAW agent Kusum Devi Yadav aka KDY in Sacred Games Season 2 (2019)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 162 cm
in meters- 1.62 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-26-34|
|Debut||Theatre: Urvashiam, Actor (1997)
TV: Zoka (Marathi), Actor (2000)
• Marathi: Shwaas, Actor (2004)
• Bollywood: Chausar, Actor (2004)
• Singer: Jata Jata Pawasane (2014)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||Zee Gaurav: Best Actress award for the TV show Awaghachi Sansaar (2004)
National Film Award: Best Supporting Actress for the movie Astu, Marathi (2014)
Smita Patil Memorial Award: Appreciation Award (2017)
Filmfare OTT Award: Best Supporting Actor (Female) in Web Originals for the film ‘Lust Stories 2’ (26 November 2023)
|Date of Birth||13 May 1979 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||44 Years|
|College(s)||• S P College, Pune
• National School of Drama, New Delhi
|Hobbies||Singing, Writing, Dancing|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||26 June 2003|
|Husband/Spouse||Sandesh Kulkarni (Director, Writer)|
|Parents||Father- Late Subhashchandra Dhembre
Mother- Jyoti Subhash
|Siblings||Brother - Jay
|Favourite Food||Indian Cuisine|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Vijay Raaz|
|Favourite Movies||Abhimaan, Umrao Jaan|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Amruta Subhash
- Amruta Subhash is a popular Marathi actress.
- She is the daughter of the famous actress Jyoti Subhash. They both have acted in many movies together.
- Late Govind Purushottam Deshpande, the famous playwright is her uncle.
- After joining the prestigious National School of Drama in New Delhi, she got trained under ‘Satyadev Dubey’.
- After graduating from the NSD, she did many plays in Hindi. Later, she also acted in many Marathi plays including ‘Tee Fulrani.’
- In 2004, she made her debut in the Marathi movie ‘Shwaas’. This movie won the National Award for the Best Feature Film. This movie was also India’s official entry to the 2004 Academy Awards (Oscars). This movie helped in giving a new identity to the Marathi Film Industry.
- She is a trained classical singer and has lent her voice in many movies. She has won the ‘Maharashtra Government State Award’ for the Best Playback Singer. She is also a trained Bharatnatyam dancer.
- Amruta has also acted in TV shows like Zoka, Paaulkhuna, and Awaghachi Sansaaraired on Zee Marathi.
- She is married to her long-time boyfriend, Sandesh Kulkarni who is a director and writer of Marathi plays and movies. They first met when Amruta, at the age of 17, had gone to Sandesh Kulkarni’s house to meet his sister Sonali Kulkarni, who is also a famous actress; as she is good friends with her.
- In 2009, she acted in the Marathi movie ‘Gandha’ in which her real mother played the reel life mother of her. Later, the Hindi version of this movie was also released in 2012 titled ‘Aiyya,’ starring Rani Mukerji, but it did not work well at the box-office.
- In 2012, she participated in the show ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Marathi’ (for celebs) and was among the Top 5 contestants.
- In 2014, she published a book in Marathi titled – Ek Ulat Ek Sulat.
- In an interview, she revealed that Zoya Akhtar was so impressed with her acting skills that she did not take her audition for the film Gully Boy.
- After working with Ranveer Singh in the film Gully Boy, she became fascinated with his work.
- Apart from plays and Marathi movies, she has also acted in many Bollywood movies. Some of her hit Hindi movies are Raman Raghav 2.0 and Gully Boy. Though she is not very old, she played the role of Ranveer’s mother in the movie.
- In 2017, she won the first ‘Smita Patil Award’ along with the veteran actress Rekha. She has won many national and regional awards for her performances in the entertainment industry.
- Amruta has composed and lent her voice for the TV serial Katti Batti which was aired on Zee Yuva.
- In 2018, she worked in the web series ‘Selection Day,’ and her work was appreciated.
- While talking about her interest in doing theatres, she says-
Whether I am tired, sad or depressed… my plays never fail to uplift my mood and always make me feel rejuvenated at the end of it.”
- She is a supporter of social welfare activities. She is also the brand ambassador of Zee Marathi Jagruti.
- She appeared in Sacred Games Season 2 (2019) starring, Saif Ali Khan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui and more. Originally, in the novel, the role she is playing is a male character.