|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Date of Birth
|Age (as of 2023)
|Nalgonda district, Telangana
|• Narayana Junior College, Hyderabad
• Sri Chaitanya School, Hyderabad
• Bharatiya Vidya Bhavans Public School, BHEL, Hyderabad
|B.Tech. in civil engineering Facebook - Uma Harathi N
|Doing Yoga, Making Videos, Cooking
|Relationships & More
|Father- N. Venkateshwarlu (Superintendent of Police in Narayanpet district, Telangana)
Mother- Name Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Uma Harathi N
- Uma Harathi N is one of the toppers of the 2022 UPSC IAS examination. She secured 3rd rank in India and 1st rank in Telangana in the examination. She cleared the UPSC examination on her fifth attempt.
- During her college days, she participated in an annual techno-cultural fest of the college titled Elan & ηVision.
- When she was studying at IIT Hyderabad, she went to Japan for 15 days as a part of a student exchange program.
- She likes to make short videos about topics that touch society.
- In her leisure time, she likes to cook and study the Indian cuisine.
- After she completed her studies at college, she began to prepare for the UPSC examination. To prepare for the exam, she joined a coaching class in Delhi; after six or seven months, she quit the classes and began studying on her own.
- Her father recommended her to prepare for UPSC. He told her that UPSC is a platform using which you can make a career and do something meaningful. She appeared five times for the UPSC examination. Even after not clearing the exam in the previous four attempts, she said that it was with the support of her family that she was able to deal with the failures and continue working hard.
- The top 4 ranks in the UPSC 2022 examination were secured by girls; Ishita Kishore secured the first rank, the second position was secured by Garima Lohia, and Smriti Mishra ranked 4th.
- She opted for Anthropology as her optional subject for the 2022 UPSC exam.
- While talking about her field of interest in which she wanted to work as an IPS officer, she said that would like to work in the areas of education and women empowerment.
- In an interview, she talked about her preparation strategy for the UPSC examination and shared her experience of failing the examination the first four times. She said,
Do not read too much. Just read as much as needed and practise a lot. This is a competitive exam and practice makes or breaks everything. So, practise a lot, and have your own strategy. This was my fifth attempt. This has been a long process and it was not easy. But it was a great journey. I learnt from my mistakes and discovered myself. Own up to the process, and understand the exam. Own up to the strategy, your failures, setbacks, and highs and lows. Just own up to everything, and that way, even if you don’t clear the exam, you’d be ready to face the world.”
- On 23 May 2023, the Collector of Narayanpet, Koya Sri Harsha felicitated Uma Harathi N after the release of the UPSC 2022 results.