|Profession||Actor and Anchor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 73 kg
in Pounds- 161 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 34 Inches
- Biceps: 14 Inches
|Debut||Film Debut : Wedding Pullav (2015) (as Jay)
TV Debut : Saarrthi (2004) (as Arjun Goenka)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Won Popular Face (Male) for Yahan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli at Zee Rishtey Awards in 2012
• Won Best Actor (Male) for Punar Vivah at Kalakar Awards in 2014
• Nominated for Best Actor (Male) for Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum at Gold Awards in 2019
• Won The Most Promising TV Actor at the Iconic Achievers Awards 2019
|Date of Birth||22 June 1982 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||41 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||• St. Xavier's High School, Mumbai
• Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Vidyalaya, Mumbai
|College/University||Bombay Institute Of Technology, Mumbai
National Institute of Event Management, Pune
|Educational Qualification||• Chemical Engineering
• Event Management course
|Hobbies||Kickboxing, playing tennis, and workout|
|Controversy||In 2007, Karan Grover's characteer Arjun Goenka was killed in Karan's debut TV serial with a sudden twist in the track of the show. In an interview, Karan stated,
"I have been on ‘Sarrthi’ since its inception. But I had to move on. My new show ‘Meri Awaaz Ko Mil Gayi Roshni’ didn’t allow me much time for ‘Saarthi’. So I decided to quit it. I told its producer Asit Modi about my predicament and he thankfully understood it. Hence, they decided to kill my character. I served a two-month notice from March 10 to May 15 so there is not bad blood between us.”
On the contrary, the producer of the show, Asit Modi, seemed upset with Karan's decision. In an interview, Asit Modi said,
"No one can tell me their priorities. I will not compromise with my story. If the story demands than Karan will have to come back to the show. We can bring him back”
"My story is strong and people are not going to stop watching the show just because Karan is not a part of the show anymore. In fact the TRP of Saarthi is much higher than that of Meri Awaaz Ko…,”
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Kavita Kaushik (Actress)
Poppy Jabbal (Model)
|Marriage Date||31 May 2022
|Parents||Father- Vipin M Grover
Mother- Rekha Grover
|Siblings||He has a younger brother.
|Food||Rajma chawal and Rabaddi|
|Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, George Clooney, and Aamir Khan|
|Actress||Scarlett Johansson, Kareena Kapoor, and Madonna|
|Car||Range Rover sport|
|Cartoon||Tom & Jerry|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Karan V Grover
- Karan V Grover is an Indian television actor and anchor.
- While he was pursuing chemical engineering at Bombay Institute Of Technology, he failed in the final year and gave a re-exam to complete his degree.
- Karan worked at Omang Kumar’s Event management company in 2002, before getting into acting.
- In 2004, he contested in the Gladrags Manhunt Contest and was among the top 5 finalists.
- Before getting TV roles, he worked as a VJ in Zee Music.
- He rose to the limelight with StarPlus’s show, Saarrthi, following which he appeared in several shows, including Meri Awaz Ko Mil Gayi Roshni (2007-08), Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki (2007-09), Yahaaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli (2009-12), Hum Aapke Hain In Laws (2013), and Punar Vivah (2013) etc.
- In 2007, he participated in Nach Baliye 3 with her ex-girlfriend, Kavita Kaushik. In an interview, Karan disclosed that he does not like the concept of reality shows and that he did Nach Baliye after a lot of persuasion from others. He said,
I can’t participate in reality shows. They become boring after some time. I did Nach Baliye only after a lot of persuasion. And in between, I lost all interest and by the end of it, I was just trudging along. So, no reality shows for me – ever. As it is, I feel all such shows are ultimately the same – wahi ek type ki judging and wahi ek type ke contestants, whether they are celebs or the general public,”
- After doing Nach Baliye, Karan and Kavita got separated. In an interview, Karan stated,
A lot of water has flown under the bridge since then, I had a wonderful time when I was with her but we’ve parted ways without any hard feelings.”
On the contrary, his ex-girlfriend, Kavita gave some statements during media conversations which led one to believe that all was not well between the two. She said that she doesn’t even remember his face and that she hasn’t seen him on television either, because she doesn’t watch TV much. According to some media reports, Kavita double-dated the actor, Abhinav Shukla, while she was dating Karan V Grover. During an episode of Bigg Boss 14, where Kavita and Abhinav were participants, Kavita admitted that she double-dated ‘that TV guy’ for Abhinav Shukla.
- After Karan moved on from his past relationship with Kavita Kaushik, he started dating Poppy Jabbal. Initially, he met her in a parking lot, where he helped her to find a parking spot for her car. Later, the duo met at a friend’s party and gradually fell in love.
- In 2011, his Facebook account was hacked and later deleted.
- In 2016, he played Shantanu Kant, a scientist, in the TV serial, Bahu Hamari Rajni Kant, opposite Ridhima Pandit.
- In 2018, he did Vikram Bhatt’s web series Spotlight 2 which aired on Viu. He played the role of an upcoming rock star and musician Vicky in the series. In an interview, Karan said,
This web series given me a chance to change my image as an actor. So far I have never played a guy who has so much emotional ups and downs through the whole show.”
He further explained his role in the series and said,
He is a musician who reaches the pinnacle of success and then falls down to a level from where he becomes life threat for himself, under the influence of drugs.”
- He did another web series in 2018 titled Vodka Shots. He played the role of Shlok, who is addicted to Vodka.
- In 2019, he played the role of surgeon, Dr. Rohit Sippy in Star Plus’s Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum opposite Dipika Kakar.
- In 2021, Karan came across his neighbours, Ravi Dubey and Sargun Mehta, who also happen to be the producers of the show Udaariyaan, which airs on Colors. Ravi had a word with Karan and asked the latter if he wanted to join the show as Angad. Karan agreed to do the part. In an interview, Karan expressed his opinion of the character that he plays on the show Udaariyaan and said,
Ravi and Sargun are not only dear friends but also very enterprising individuals. So as an actor, if you get an opportunity to collaborate with your friends and create something together, you must not let go of that opportunity. I feel lucky to be a part of their maiden show ‘Udaariyan,’ and take this beautiful journey ahead. When it comes to my role, Angad is a complex yet dynamic and fun character. I think his presence in ‘Udaariyaan’ will create a new layer in the show’s plot that will surely bring in a dichotomy for the audiences to enjoy. I’m grateful to COLORS for giving me this wonderful opportunity as this is my first show with them, and it couldn’t have been anything better.”
- Apart from mainstream romance TV shows, Karan has also been a part of comic YouTube videos for the channel SIT i.e., Shitty Ideas Trending videos, which cater to the humourous or relatable aspects of a relationship or marriage.
- In 2022, Karan got married to his longtime girlfriend Poppy Jabbal in an intimate wedding ceremony in Himachal Pradesh in the presence of close friends, relatives, and family. The couple dated for almost a decade before getting married.
- In an interview, Karan spoke about his future prospects in Bollywood and said,
What’s the need of doing films when I’m getting to do such great work on TV? TV is offering me so much variety. Films, on the other hand, are a bigger medium undoubtedly, but I’m not being offered anything interesting, so I’m happy being a TV actor. The only thing that I have missed out is doing fullfledged comedy. But my current show is giving me that also, so no complaints. Thankfully, TV has a very wide scope now. You no longer see those same saas-bahu sagas on TV. There’s a lot of variety which satisfies the actor in me,”
- Karan V Grover shares his name with the Dill Mill Gayye fame and Bipasha Basu‘s husband, Karan Singh Grover. In an interview, Karan V Grover said,
I do get a lot of calls for work which are actually for the other Karan, but sadly, not one from any girl. I wish his girls would call me instead!”
- Karan is often spotted having alcoholic beverages at parties and on vacations.