|Full Name||Vikramaditya A. Chandra|
|Profession||News Anchor and group CEO of NDTV|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Date of Birth||7 January 1967|
|Age (as in 2018)||51 Years|
|Birth Place||New Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|School||The Doon School, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India|
|College/Universities||St. Stephen's College, University of Delhi, India
|Educational Qualification(s)||Bachelor's Degree in Economics from St. Stephen's College, Delhi
Master's from Oxford University
|Family||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Nandini Chandra (Indian Journalist)
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Favourite Journalist||Prannoy Roy|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Net Worth||₹2 crore|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vikram Chandra
- Does Vikram Chandra smoke?: Not Known
- Does Vikram Chandra drink alcohol?: Not Known
- His mother Nandini Chandra was an Indian journalist who worked with Hindustan Times.
- Since his schooling days, he is interested in writing and editing; as during his schooling in The Doon School, he was the editor of The Doon School Weekly.
- He has done his Bachelors in Economics from St. Stephens College, Delhi.
- His higher studies included a great exposure to prestigious universities like Oxford where he got an Inlaks Scholarship and Stanford where he attended a three months mass-media course.
- At Oxford University, he worked as a features editor for the Oxford Newspaper and this even motivated him more to establish his career in this field.
- In 1991, his journalism career started with a TV news magazine named Newstrack.
- In 1994, he joined India’s most leading television media company named NDTV (New Delhi Television Limited), and since then, he has been working as a Consulting Editor over there.
- He has achieved a great stardom and fame by working on shows like 9 O’Clock News and Gadget Guru along with Rajiv Makhni, a review show regarding new technologies. Here’s a video showcasing Bill Gates talking about changing trends in technology in the show:
- His presentation as an anchor in one of India’s top-rated talk and current affairs shows titled “The Big Fight” was an award-winning and appreciable performance. Here’s a glimpse of his hosting skills in the show:
- Before the launch of India’s preeminent business news channel- NDTV Profit, he was appointed as the head of the channel.
- Besides being a wonderful anchor and journalist, he is a very kind person and proud supporter of various NDTV Campaigns like Support my School, Our Girls our Pride, Save our Tigers and Banega Swacch India. Moreover, famous personalities, viz. Amitabh Bachchan, Shahrukh Khan, Sachin Tendulkar, Kajol, and Priyanka Chopra also accompanied him in these campaigns.
- He has done a lot of media coverages as a reporter, which includes his exclusive footage of the army camps organized at the Saltoro Heights in Siachen, his entire report on Kargil War in 1999, and also the coverage on war and conflicts held in Kashmir.
- Vikram has promoted and worked on numerous Greenathons, which is a media campaign to develop rural areas by means of providing enough electrical facilities and financial solar lanterns to bring light to homes.
- In 2000, his first book entitled “The Srinagar Conspiracy,” was published, which became the best seller in a very short span of time.
- In an interview with students of Amity International School, Gurgaon, he talked about his inspiration, his views on the education system and much more things.
- Vikram has interviewed very famously and renowned personalities like King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia in 2006, Bill Gates in 2012, Rupert Murdoch, and Shimon Peres on his show “Big Fight”.
- Vikram was honoured with the title “Global Leader for Tomorrow” by World Economic Forum in Davos in 2007, where he was also selected as a Young Global Leader.
- For his trailblazing work in The Big Fight, he was awarded twice at the Hero Honda Indian Television Academy Award in the category Best Anchor for a Talk Show in 2005 and 2008.
- In 2011, he became the CEO (Chief Executive Officer) of NDTV Group and maintained his position till October 2016.
- In May 2016, when Tim Cook visited India, Vikram even had a great interview talk session with him.
- During the World Economic Forum, he interviewed the Former U.S. Vice-President- Al Gore in Davos.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡