Waseem Barelvi Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
Profession: Urdu Poet
Age: 81 Years
Hometown: Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh
|Real Name||Zahid Hasan Waseem|
|Pen name||Waseem Barelvi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Black (Dyed)|
|Date of Birth||18 February 1940|
|Age (as of 2021)||81 Years|
|Birthplace||Bareilly, United Province, British India (Now, Uttar Pradesh, India)|
|Hometown||Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|College/University||Rohilkhand University, Bareilly (Now, Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Rohilkhand University, Bareilly)|
|Educational Qualification||M.A. in Urdu literature from Rohilkhand University Bareilly in 1958|
|Family||There's not much information about his parents and siblings.|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Waseem Barelvi
- He was born in a Muslim Family in Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh.
- His ancestors were big land-owners (Zamindars) in Moradabad. It is said that there were 384 villages in their hold.
- Waseem Barelvi attained most of his education in Bareilly.
- Barelvi attracted towards poetry at a very young age.
- After completing his Masters in Urdu Literature from Bareilly College, he started teaching Urdu Literature there. Later, he became Assistant Professor and Head of Urdu Dept. Bareilly College, Bareilly.
- Apart from teaching, Barelvi continued attending Mushairas both at the national and international platforms.
- Waseem Barelvi has followed the poetry tradition of Amir Khusro, Kabir, Raskhan, Jaysi, and Rahim.
- He has also won several national and international awards for his exemplary poetries.
- He has published more than 6 collections of poetry in Urdu and 2 in Hindi.
- The government of India has appointed him the Vice Chairman of National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language.
- In 2016, Akhilesh Yadav (the then Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh) nominated him for the Legislative Council of Uttar Pradesh.
- Here’s a glimpse of Waseem Barelvi’s life: