|Full Name||Ajit Pramod Kumar Jogi|
|Profession||Politician and Civil Servant (Retd.)|
|Famous For||First Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm|
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg|
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Services||Indian Police Service|
Indian Administrative Service
|Political Parties||Chhattisgarh Janata Congress (2016-present)|
Indian National Congress (1986-2016)
|Political Journey||• In 1986, Jogi was asked by then Prime Minister of India, Mr. Rajiv Gandhi, to join Politics. At that time Jogi was a district collector of Indore District. Within two and half hours, he resigned the office of collector and joined the Indian National Congress.|
• In 1986, he became the member of Rajya Sabha for the first time and held the position until 1998.
• From 1987 to 1989, he was the General Secretary of Pradesh Congress Committee, Madhya Pradesh and also a member of committees on Public Undertakings, Industries, and Railways.
• In 1998, he was elected as a Member of Parliament (MP) to the 12th Lok Sabha for the Raigarh constituency but lost the Lok Sabha election in 1999 from Shahdol, Madhya Pradesh.
• When Chhattisgarh came into existence in 2000, Jogi became the first CM of Chhattisgarh and remained until 2003.
• From 2004 to 2008, he was the MP in the 14th Lok Sabha for Mahasamund, Chhattisgarh.
• In 2008, he became the Member of the Legislative Assembly of Chhattisgarh, representing the Marwahi constituency.
• In 2016, due to the anti-party activities, he, along with his son, was expelled from the Indian National Congress.
• In June 2016, Jogi founded a new party named 'Chhattisgarh Janata Congress.'
|Biggest Rival||Chandu Lal Sahu (BJP)|
|Date of Birth||29 April 1946|
|Age (as in 2018)|| 72 Years|
|Birthplace||Jogisar, Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hometown||Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh, India|
|Schools||Mishan Shala, Jyotipur, Pendra Road, Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh|
Higher Secondary School, Pendra, Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh
|College/University||Maulana Azad College of Technology, Bhopal|
Delhi University, Delhi
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Engineering and Law|
|Debut||In 1986 when he joined the Indian National Congress|
|Address||Resident of Anugrah, Sagon Banglow, Civil Line, Raipur, Chhattisgarh|
|Hobbies||Horse Riding, Reading, Writing, Swimming, Gliding, Trekking, Yoga|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||"Most Outstanding Man" of the State Award (1984)|
|Controversies||• In December 2003, when INC got defeat in Chhattisgarh assembly elections, a sting operation alleged that Jogi tried to bribe some of the BJP MLAs to form a breakaway faction promising them Congress' support. Subsequently, he was suspended from the party.|
• In June 2007, Jogi and his son were arrested due to their connection with the murder of NCP treasurer Ram Avtar Jaggi who was shot dead in June 2003.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||8 October 1975|
|Wife/Spouse||Dr. Renu Jogi (Eye Specialist)|
|Children||Son- Amit Jogi (Politician)|
Daughter- Late Anusha Jogi
|Parents||Father- Shri Kashi Prasad Jogi|
Mother- Kanti Mani
|Favourite Politician||Rajiv Gandhi|
|Assets/Properties||Gold Jewelry worth ₹18,65,000|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹6 Crore (As in 2014)|