|Real Name||Ambati Thirupathi Rayudu|
|Profession||Indian Cricketer (Batsman)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 72 kg
in Pounds- 159 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 13 Inches
|International Debut||Test- N/A
ODI- 24 July 2013 vs Zimbabwe in Harare
T20- 7 September 2014 vs England in Birmingham
#9(IPL, County Cricket)
|Domestic/State Team||India, Baroda, Hyderabad (India), Hyderabad Heroes, ICL India XI, India A, Mumbai Indians|
|Nature on field||Very Aggressive
|Likes to play against||Pakistan|
|Favourite Shot||Scoop Shot|
|Records (main ones)||• In his ODI debut against Zimbabwe, he scored 63 not out and became the 12th Indian to hit a half-century on ODI debut.
He was the highest scorer in the 2012–13 Deodhar Trophy final with 78 runs and • helped his team to win the title.
|Career Turning Point||Performance in an under-19 match against England in 2002, where he scored 177 not out.
|Date of Birth||23 September 1985|
|Age (as in 2018)||33 Years|
|Birth Place||Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|School||Bhavan's Sri RamaKrishna Vidyalaya, Sainikpuri, Secunderabad|
|College||Bhavan's Vivekananda College, Secunderabad|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father- Sambasiva Rao
Brother- Not Known
Sisters- Not Known
|Hobbies||Playing golf, reading and travelling|
|Controversies||• He has temperamental issues as he had issues with then Hyderabad coach Rajesh Yadav, after which he shifted to Andhra.
• In 2005, he had a spat with cricketer Arjun during a match.
• After winning an IPL match against the Royal Challengers Bangalore, he passed some comments on Harshal Patel after which Patel physically tried to counter him but Virat Kohli stopped him.
• In January 2019, he was reported for suspected illegal bowling actions in Tests, ODIs, and T20Is; as the bowlers are allowed to flex their elbows only up to 15 degrees.
|Favourite Cricketer||Batsman: Sachin Tendulkar, V. V. S. Laxman and Steve Waugh
Bowler: Harbhajan Singh and Zaheer Khan
|Favourite Food||Hyderabadi biryani|
|Favourite Actor||Aamir Khan|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ambati Rayudu
- Does Ambati Rayudu smoke?: No
- Does Ambati Rayudu drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Rayudu was even referred to as the next Sachin Tendulkar in his early career.
- He was the captain of the India’s under-19 World Cup team in 2004 which included players like Suresh Raina, Irfan Pathan, Dinesh Karthik, RP Singh, and Shikhar Dhawan.
- Apart from batting, he is a part-time off-spinner and wicket-keeper.
- In 2007, he was banned from Indian cricket by the BCCI for playing Indian Cricket League (ICL), but later lifted the ban in 2009.
- When India was playing a practice match with Australia A team in Australia, an umpire gave him lbw out which he didn’t agree upon and lost control over his emotions.
- Though he is a Hyderabadi, but in 2011-12 first-class season he played for Baroda after Hyderabad go relegated.
- During 2014 IPL, once he prepared a homemade biryani for MS Dhoni and his Chennai Super Kings (CSK) team players, but the hotel staff didn’t allowed the outside food consumption. It ignited CSK players and they checked out of the hotel and went to some other place.
- He is a huge fan of Manchester United football club.
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡