Wife: Chennupalli Vidya
Age: 35 Years
|Full Name||Ambati Thirupathi Rayudu|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|International Debut||Test- Did Not Play
ODI- 24 July 2013 vs Zimbabwe in Harare
T20- 7 September 2014 vs England in Birmingham
|Last Match||Test- Did Not Play
ODI- 8 March 2019 against Australia at Ranchi
T20- 22 June 2016 against Zimbabwe at Harare
|International Retirement||3 July 2019|
|Jersey Number||#5 (India)
#9 (IPL, County Cricket)
|Domestic/State Team||• Baroda
• Hyderabad Heroes
• Mumbai Indians
• Chennai Super Kings
|Bowling Style||Right-arm offbreak|
|Favourite Shot||Scoop Shot|
|Date of Birth||23 September 1985|
|Age (as in 2020)||35 Years|
|Birthplace||Guntur, Andhra Pradesh|
|School||Bhavan's Sri Ramakrishna Vidyalaya, Sainikpuri, Secunderabad|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Hobbies||Listening to Music, Travelling|
|Controversies||• Throughout his career, Rayudu was involved in confrontations with players and umpires.
• He was involved in a scuffle with Hyderabad player Arjun Yadav while playing for Andhra Pradesh in a Ranji match in 2005. In the scuffle, Yadav attacked Rayudu with a stump.
• In a 2012 IPL match, Rayudu used foul language against Harshal Patel. For this act, he was fined 100% of his match fee.
• In the 2014 India A's tour of Australia, he was seen hurling expletives at the umpire after his dismissal.
• After a match in the 2016 IPL, Rayudu and Harbhajan Singh were involved in an on-field spat.
• In 2017, a video of Ryudu got viral on social media, in which he was seen manhandling a senior citizen.
• In 2018, he received a two-match ban by the BCCI after his heated confrontation with the umpires during a Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy match against Karnataka.
• In January 2019, he was reported for suspected illegal bowling actions in Tests, ODIs, and T20Is; as the bowlers are allowed to flex their elbows only up to 15 degrees.
• In April 2019, selectors dropped him from the World Cup squad in favor of Vijay Shankar, Rayudu tweeted "Just Ordered a new set of 3d glasses to watch the world cup."
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||14 February 2009|
|Parents||Father- Ambati Sambasiva Rao (worked at the archives department)
|Favourite Cricketer(s)||Sachin Tendulkar, V V S Laxman, Steve Waugh|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ambati Rayudu
- Ambati Rayudu is an Indian former cricketer from Hyderabad.
- In 1992, when Rayudu was 8 years old, his father enrolled him in a coaching camp in Hyderabad, which was run by former Hyderabad cricketer Vijay Paul.
- In an interview, Rayudu revealed that his first memory of watching international cricket was the Hero Cup, in 1993.
- In 2002, at the age of 16, Rayudu made his first-class debut during the 2001-02 Ranji Trophy.
- Rayudu had claimed for the Indian cap after scoring 210 and 159 not out against Andhra in only his third Ranji game. In the same match, Rayudu earned the tag of being the youngest player to score a double century and a century in a Ranji match.
- He captained India’s under-19 World Cup team in 2004, which had players like Suresh Raina, Irfan Pathan, Dinesh Karthik, RP Singh, and Shikhar Dhawan.
- In December 2012, Rayudu was picked as the replacement player for the injured Manoj Tiwary for the T20I series against England. He was selected by the newly formed selection panel, chaired by Sandeep Patil.
- Rayudu and V. V. S. Laxman have played together in the Ranji Trophy.
- Apart from being a batsman, he was a part-time off-spinner and wicket-keeper.
- His bowling action was similar to that of Sri Lanka off-spinner Muthiah Muralitharan.
- When India was playing a practice match against Australia A team in Australia, an umpire gave him lbw out which he didn’t agree upon and lost control over his emotions.
- During the 2014 IPL, once he brought a homemade biryani for MS Dhoni and his Chennai Super Kings (CSK) team players.
- He is a huge fan of Manchester United football club.
- After being ignored twice when two Indian players, Shikhar Dhawan and Vijay Shankar, sustained injuries in the 2019 Cricket World Cup, Rayudu, on 3 July 2019, announced his retirement from international cricket.
- In his career, Rayudu played 55 ODIs scoring 1694 runs with an average of 47.05 and 6 T20Is scoring only 42 runs with an average of 10.50.