Age: 30 Years
Wife: Ashrita Shetty
|Known For||Being the first Indian player to score a century in the Indian Premier League (IPL)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|International Debut||ODI- On 14 July 2015 vs Zimbabwe in Harare, Zimbabwe
T20- On 17 July 2015 vs Zimbabwe in Harare, Zimbabwe
IPL: On 29 April 2008 vs Delhi Capitals at Dr. Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy Cricket Stadium, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
|Jersey Number||#9 (India)
|Domestic/State Team||• Karnataka
• Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR)
|Batting Style||Right Handed Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm medium|
|Favourite Shot||Half-sweep-half-flick shot|
|Records (main ones)||• First Indian player to score an IPL century. He scored 114 off 73 balls against Deccan Chargers for Royal Challengers Bangalore in the 2009 IPL semi-final.
• Top scorer in the 2009-10 Ranji Trophy with 882 runs.
|Date of Birth||10 September 1989 (Sunday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||30 Years|
|School||Kendriya Vidyalaya ASC Centre, Bengaluru Wikipedia|
|College/University||Jain University, Bengaluru, Karnataka Jain University|
|Hobbies||Listening to Music and Doing Adventure Sports|
|Tattoo(s)||• Tribal tattoo on his upper back
• New Zealand based Maori tribe's tattoo on his left shoulder
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||2 December 2019
|Wife/Spouse||Ashrita Shetty (Model and Actress)
|Parents||Father- G. S. Pandey (Indian Army Officer)
Mother- Tara Pandey
Sister- Anita Pandey
|Cricketer(s)||Batsman- Rahul Dravid, AB de Villiers
Bowler- Morne Morkel
|Food||Prawns, Chicken Biryani, Masala puri, and Pani puri|
|Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Book||"Every Second Counts" by Lance Armstrong and Sally Jenkins|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manish Pandey
- Manish Pandey is an Indian cricketer. He shot to fame after becoming the first Indian to score a century in the IPL, and he achieved this feat while playing for Royal Challengers Bangalore in the semi-finals of the 2009 IPL against Deccan Chargers.
- Pandey started playing cricket when he was in the 3rd standard.
- Like his father, he wanted to join the Indian Army.
- When he was 15 years old, he moved to Bengaluru with his family. His father, who was in the Indian army, was transferred a few years later to Rajasthan. However, Manish decided to stay back and pursue cricket in Bengaluru.
- He started his career by playing for Mysore in a state-level tournament.
- His career took off when he was selected for India’s under-19 team for the U-19 World Cup in Malaysia in 2008. India won the U-19 World Cup against South Africa.
- During the 2009-10 Ranji Trophy, he was the highest scorer with 882 runs, which included five 50’s and four 100’s.
- He considers Rahul Dravid as his role model. Once, in an interview, Pandey said that he was indebted and inspired by Dravid.
- He was the Man of the Match in the finals of the 2014 IPL (Season 7) for his score of 94 for the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) against Kings XI Punjab.
- Pandey represents the Mysuru Warriors in the Karnataka Premier League (KPL). In 2014, he led them to win the title.
- On 14 July 2015, he made his one day international (ODI) debut against Zimbabwe. He scored 71 runs, and he was involved in a match-winning 144 runs partnership with Kedar Jadhav for the fifth wicket.
- On 6 September 2017, he scored his first international T20 fifty with Virat Kohli against Sri Lanka. The two of them had a 119-runs partnership for the third wicket, which was a record in T20 International.
- He is known for his unique half-sweep-half-flick shot. He starts this shot by going for a sweep, but then he stretches his bat towards the ball and flicks it.
References/Sources: [ + ]