Amit Palekar Age, Caste, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
|Famous for||Becoming the candidate of the Aam Aadmi Party for the assembly elections in Goa to be held in 2022|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Political Party||Aam Aadmi Party
|Date of Birth||Year, 1976|
|Age (as of 2022)||46 Years|
|Caste||OBC Bhandari community The Hindu|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||25 February 2007|
|Wife/Spouse||Rasika Nair Palekar
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Jyoti Palekar
Some Lesser Known Facts About Amit Palekar
- Amit Palekar is an Indian lawyer turned politician who is known for becoming the candidate of the Aam Aadmi Party for the assembly elections in Goa to be held in 2022.
- He joined the Aam Aadmi Party in October 2021.
- In December 2021, he went on a hunger strike against the illegal construction at an Old Goa heritage site. The strike continued for five days. Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal appreciated his efforts and said,
Amit Palekar was on an indefinite hunger strike for the past five days. He braved hot sun and the rain. When his health started to deteriorate, his doctor advised him to end his fast; however, he chose to persist.”
- In 2021, he also exposed a job scam in the health sector in Goa.
- On 19 January 2022, Chief Minister of India, Arvind Kejriwal, announced that the Aam Aadmi Party chief ministerial candidate for the assembly elections in Goa would be Amit Palekar. While announcing his name Kejriwal said,
Mr. Palekar is educated and beloved among all communities in the State. His commitment to society is admirable and he has been doing commendable work throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. He fought for issues pertaining to the Christian communities in Old Goa to preserve the State’s heritage… One cannot hope for a better Chief Ministerial candidate in these times and I hope Goans elect him with a handsome majority.”
- Arvind Kejriwal tweeted about this and wrote,
Many congratulations to Shri Amit Palekar ji for being declared as AAP's CM candidate for Goa. I am sure u will work hard to fulfill the dream of every Goan and give a corruption free government to the people of Goa.
— Arvind Kejriwal (@ArvindKejriwal) January 19, 2022
- After Amit was chosen to be the candidate of the AAP, in a press conference he said,
We see candidates having lunch with one party and tea with some other party. Is this the kind of politics we want? Goa needs change. We need better schools and hospitals. Politicians have become rich and people have become poor. Today, we have chosen either to vote for the same candidates or vote for a changed and clean party. AAP has done it in Delhi and will repeat the same in Goa. Give us one chance.”
- Palekar belongs to the Bhandari community that counts a total of 35 percent of the total population.
- He is often featured in various newspapers.