|Real Name||Amitabh Kant|
|Service||Indian Administrative Service (IAS)|
|Major Designation(s)||• Sub Collector of Thalassery, Kerala
• District Collector, Kozikhode, Kerala
• Managing Director, Matsyafed, Kerala
• Managing Director, Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation
• Secretary – Tourism, Government of Kerala
• Joint Secretary – Ministry of Tourism, Government of India
• CMD – ITDC
• Chairman of the Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corporation (DMICDC) and National Productivity Council
• CEO of the Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corporation (DMICDC)
• Secretary, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) – Government of India
• National Project Director of the Rural Tourism Project of UNDP
• CEO, NITI Aayog (National Institution for Transforming India), Government of India
|Awards/Honours||• Bloomberg TV Personality of the Year Award
• The Economic Time Policy Change Agent of the Year Award
• NDTV Administrator of the Year Award
• One Globe Award-2016
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Date of Birth||1 March 1956|
|Age (as in 2018)||62 Years|
|Birth Place||Not Known|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|School||Modern School, Delhi|
|College/University||St. Stephen's College, University of Delhi
Jawaharlal Nehru University
John F. Kennedy School of Government
Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
|Educational Qualification||Economics (Hons) from St. Stephen's College, Delhi
M.A from Jawaharlal Nehru University
|Family||Father- Rajni Kant
Mother- Sita Kant
Brother- Ravi Kant
Sister- Not Known
|Hobbies||Playing Chess, Listening to Music, Travelling, Reading, Writing|
|Favourite Politician(s)||Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Narendra Modi|
|Favourite Leader||Mahatma Gandhi|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Lata Mangeshkar, Kishore Kumar, Mohammed Rafi|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Ranjeeta Kant (Singer)
Daughters- Vedika Kant (risk analyst), Vanshica Kant
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Amitabh Kant
- Does Amitabh Kant smoke?: Not Known
- Does Amitabh Kant drink alcohol?: Yes
- He is one of the prominent civil servants of India.
- He has served the Government of Kerala and the Government of India in different capacities.
- Amitabh Kant began his IAS career as Sub Collector of Thalassery in Kerala.
- Mr. Kant has been a key driver of ‘Make in India,’ Startup India,’ ‘Incredible India,’ and ‘God’s Own Country’ initiatives, which positioned and branded India and Kerala State as leading manufacturing tourism destinations.
- He is the person behind the development of Kerala as India’s leading tourism destination.
- Amitabh Kant is also the person who conceptualized and executed the “Atithi Devo Bhavah” – “Guest is God” campaign to train Taxi Drivers, Guides, immigration officials and make them stake holders in the tourism development process.
- As the National Project Director of the Rural Tourism Project of UNDP, Mr. Kant made a paradigm shift in spreading tourism to Indian villages, which had core-competency in handloom, handicrafts, and culture.
- As the Secretary of Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) – Government of India, he was responsible for monitoring the industrial growth and performance of specific industrial sectors, formulation and implementation of industrial policy and strategies for industrial development, Policies related to Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) in the fields of Patents, Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications, formulation of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Policy and Promotion and facilitation of FDI.
- He has also worked as CEO of the Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corporation (DMICDC). DMIC is supposed to address not merely the urbanization requirements of India, but with manufacturing as the main economic base, is also supposed to contribute significantly to the economic growth of India.
- Amitabh Kant is also a Member of the Steering Board of “Shaping the Future of Production Systems” of World Economic Forum.
- On 6 October 2012, He also did a TED talk in New Delhi.
- He is also the author of “Branding India – An Incredible Story.”
- On 17 February 2016, Mr. Kant was appointed the CEO of NITI Aayog- the government think tank.
- On 5 February 2018, he was given an extension as CEO of NITI Aayog till 30 June 109.
- Here’s a brief conversation with Amitabh Kant:
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)