Husband: Santosh Sarangi (IAS)
Age: 49 Years
|Profession(s)||Former IAS Officer and Politician|
|Service||Indian Administrative Service (IAS)|
|Major Designation(s)||• Sub-collector of Hindol, Dhenkanal district, Odisha
• Collector and District Magistrate in Khurda, Koraput, Nuapada, and Bargarh districts of Odisha.
• Municipal Commissioner of Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) for three years.
• Commissioner-cum-Secretary of state school and mass education department in Odisha.
|Awards/Honours||Shakti Samman (2012)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• In November 2018, she joined BJP
• In May 2019, won the Bhubaneswar Lok Sabha seat
|Date of Birth||8 October 1969|
|Age (as in 2018)||49 Years|
|Birthplace||Bhagalpur, Bihar, India|
|Hometown||Bhagalpur, Bihar, India|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor Degree in English|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Reading Books|
|Controversies||• In 2010, she attracted controversy over a dress code for school teachers in Odisha. She had issued an order for school teachers in Odisha to attend school in a particular dress; teachers expressed their dissent over the dress code and organized a widespread protest across Odisha.
• In another controversy related to the dress code for school teachers in Odisha, she differed on the colour of the dress to the one which had been chosen by the Minister Pratap Jena. Aparajita insisted on pink sarees with black blouses, the minister’s choice fell on beige sarees with a navy blue border.
• In 2017, the School and Mass Education Minister alleged that Aparajita had announced the ban on admission test from classes I to VIII without consulting him.
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||Santosh Sarangi (IAS Officer)
|Children||Son- Shikhar Sarangi
Daughter- Archita Sarangi
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (Teacher)
Mother- Name Not Known (Teacher)
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Deepika Padukone|
|Favourite Destination||New York|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aparajita Sarangi
- Aparajita was an IAS officer of 1994 batch. She resigned from prestigious administrative service on 15 September 2018 and inducted into BJP.
- For the first time, she met her husband during the IAS training at the Lal Bahadur Shastri Academy of Administration, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand.
- Her husband has always guided her, so, she terms her husband, ‘a brilliant officer.’
- When she was a college student, she won the Best Dramatist Award for three consecutive years and was also adjudged the “Best Speaker” at an all-India debate competition organised by the Indian Council of World Affairs, New Delhi.
- She was brilliant at the study and cleared the Civil Service exams in her first attempt in 1994.
- If she were not an IAS officer, she would be an interior designer.
- She is often called “Madam Angry” due to her strict nature at work.
- In the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, BJP’s Aparajita Sarangi, a former municipal commissioner of Bhubaneswar, defeated BJD’s Arup Patnaik, the former commissioner of Mumbai Police, from the Bhubaneswar Constituency.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)