|Profession(s)||Former IAS Officer and Politician|
|Service||Indian Administrative Service (IAS)|
|Major Designation(s)||• Sub-collector of Hindol, Dhenkanal district, Odisha
• Collector and District Magistrate in Khurda, Koraput, Nuapada, and Bargarh districts of Odisha.
• Municipal Commissioner of Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) for three years.
• Commissioner-cum-Secretary of state school and mass education department in Odisha.
|Awards/Honours||Shakti Samman (2012)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Date of Birth||1 September 1969|
|Age (as in 2018)||49 Years|
|Birthplace||Bhagalpur, Bihar, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Bhagalpur, Bihar, India|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor Degree in Economics|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Reading Books|
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||Santosh Sarangi (IAS Officer)
|Children||Son- Shikhar Sarangi
Daughter- Archita Sarangi
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (Teacher)
Mother- Name Not Known (Teacher)
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Deepika Padukone|
|Favourite Destination||New York|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aparajita Sarangi
- Aparajita was an IAS officer of 1994 batch. She resigned from prestigious administrative service on 15 September 2018 and inducted into BJP.
- For the first time, she met her husband during the IAS training at the Lal Bahadur Shastri Academy of Administration, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand.
- Her husband has always guided her, so, she terms her husband, ‘a brilliant officer.’
- When she was a college student, she won the Best Dramatist Award for three consecutive years and was also adjudged the “Best Speaker” at an all-India debate competition organised by the Indian Council of World Affairs, New Delhi.
- She was brilliant at the study and cleared the Civil Service exams in her first attempt in 1994.
- If she were not an IAS officer, she would be an interior designer.
- She is often called “Madam Angry” due to her strict nature at work.