|Known for||Being removed from the position of IT cell chief of the BJP Haryana unit on 7 July 2022 for a 2017 controversial tweet on the Prophet and Islam|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 152 cm
in meters- 1.52 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Biceps: 14 inches
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party
|Date of Birth||28 October 1986 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||36 Years|
|Educational Qualification||Master of Business Administration (2009) The Indian Express|
|Tattoo||He has a tattoo of letter B inked on his left hand.
|Controversy||In 2022, Arun attracted controversy when he was removed from the post of the Haryana IT cell in charge due to his controversial tweets on Prophet Mohammed and Islam in 2017. There was no police complaint filed against him, but on Twitter, there were requests to arrest him. The hashtag, #ArrestArunYadav, came in top ten trending tweets on Twitter on 8 July 2022. The party removed him from the position without stating any reason on the statement. The Tribune|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||6 February 2013
|Children||Son-Name Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Arun Yadav
- Arun Yadav is an Indian politician who is known for being removed from the position of IT cell chief of the BJP Haryana unit on 7 July 2022 for a 2017 controversial tweet on the Prophet and Islam.
- He was expelled for his 2017 tweet in which he was seen comparing a glass of wine with Kaaba Sharif. After the tweet went viral, many Twitter users started using the hashtag #ArrestArunYadav, which was trending on 7 July 2022. In an interview, Yadav said that the tweet that went viral was from 2017 when he did not join the BJP. He said,
The said tweet was in response to remarks made by a former Samajwadi Party MP in Parliament linking names of Hindu gods with alcohol.”
- On the same day, because of the pressure built by the public, the BJP leaders had to take action against him, so the Haryana BJP president OP Dhankar announced his decision to expel him from the party. In an interview, Yadav said that he was not sure if he was suspended due to his controversial tweets or party routine exercise. He said,
The party has not mentioned any reasons for relieving me from the assignment. So, I am not really sure if it was due to any tweets. But, this (party move) is a routine exercise. The party can change responsibilities at any time. I am a dedicated worker of the BJP.”
- In an interview, he said that many opposition parties started criticizing him for his tweets. He said,
People from other political parties began lashing out at me for my tweets as part of a targeted campaign. Since Nupur Sharma’s controversy, people like me, who advocate and take up nationalistic and Hindutva causes, are being maligned and targeted, especially on Twitter.”
- In October 2018, he left his corporate job and joined BJP. In an interview, he revealed how he switched from a cooperative job to a political party consultant. He said,
I used to work for private consulting firms and did my MBA in 2009. After 2014, a lot of things evolved in terms of the presence of political parties digitally. I had an inclination for politics and switched from the consulting sector to the party. One of my first assignments for the BJP was the 2019 Assembly by-election in Jind in which party candidate Krishan Middha won. Over the years, my team and I have coordinated digital campaigns during UP, Punjab, and other elections.”
- He has 2.2 million followers on Facebook and six lakh on Twitter. He often promotes the work done by posting pictures of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and CM of Uttar Pradesh, Yogi Adityanath on his social media accounts.
- In July 2022, he filed a complaint against documentary filmmaker Leena Manimekalai for hurting Hindu sentiments with her film Kaali’s poster. In December 2021, he filed a case against stand-up comedian Munawar Faruqui for insulting Hindu gods and goddesses.
- On his social media posts, he is often seen making fun of the opposition leaders like Rahul Gandhi, Sonia Gandhi, Arvind Kejriwal and Bhagwant Mann.
- In 2020, he distributed food to needy people amid the nationwide lockdown due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- He is often spotted drinking alcohol at various events.
- He is a fitness enthusiast and often posts pictures of his workout on social media.
भारत माता की जय🇮🇳 pic.twitter.com/vEdp4VmfKe
— Arun Yadav 🇮🇳 (@beingarun28) July 10, 2022