Age: 56 Years
Wife: Neerja Pandit
Caste: Kashmiri Pandit
|Profession(s)||Director, Producer, Social Activist, Conservationist|
|Known For||Being the president of the Indian Film & Television Directors' Association (as of 2022)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Debut||Film (As a director): Sheen (2004)
|Awards||• 1999: Radio and TV Advertising Practitioners' Association of India award for Sharnarthi Apne Desh Mein
• 2010: Indian Television Academy Award for Best Documentary for A Village of Widows
|Date of Birth||11 May 1966 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||56 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian Instagram - Ashoke Pandit|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||25 June 1988|
|Wife/Spouse||Neerja Pandit (singer)
|Children||Son- Raj Pandit (singer)
Daughter- Shaarika Pandit (casting director)
|Parents||Father- Niranjan Nath Pandit
Mother- Nirmala Pandit
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ashoke Pandit
- Ashoke Pandit is an Indian film & TV director, producer, and social activist. In 2022, he filed a police complaint at the Juhu Police Station in Mumbai against the Indian actress Richa Chadha for her negative tweet on the Indian Army.
- He belongs to a family of Kashmiri Pandits.
- While he was in college, he performed in various theatre plays. He then received a sponsorship from the Indian People’s Theatre Association. Apart from acting in theatre plays, he has also directed various theatre plays.
- He then directed a few Hindi documentaries such as Kashmiri Pandit Refugees, Sharnarthi Apne Desh Mein, And The World Remained Silent, and A Village of Widows. Most of his documentaries were based on the genocide of the Kashmiri Pandits. His documentary ‘And The World Remained Silent’ was screened at the International Film Festival in Goa, Pune International Film Festival, and Mumbai Academy of Moving Images (MAMI) in Mumbai. At the House of Commons in London, his documentary received a standing ovation.
- In the 1980s, he worked as an associate director in the popular Hindi TV series ‘Filmi Chakkar.’
- Ashoke has worked as a director in many popular Hindi TV shows such as ‘Hanste Khelte’ (1997), ‘Colgate Top 10’ (1998), and ‘Tere Mere Sapne’ (2009).
- He has worked as a motivational speaker at various events such as the Indian Association of New Zealand (2018) and India For Kashmir Conclave, Pune (2019).
- In 2018, he was appointed as the president of the Indian Film & Television Directors’ Association, Mumbai.
- In 2019, he worked as a co-producer in the Hindi film ‘The Accidental Prime Minister.’
- Ashoke is a social activist too. He has supported various animal welfare organisations.
- In an interview, he shared that he always tried to depict the struggles of Kashmiri Pandits through his films. He said that being a Kashmiri Pandit, he was familiar with their struggles. He said,
My family was among the displaced and I worked in the refugee camps and saw the pain and anger from close quarters.”
- He follows the preachings of the Indian spiritual leader Pitaji Shoonya Ji. Instagram – Ashoke Pandit
- Ashoke Pandit is often invited as a guest panel in various news debate shows.
View this post on Instagram
- He is a spiritual person, and he is an ardent devotee of Lord Ganesha.
- In November 2022, the Indian actress Richa Chadha attracted controversy after she tweeted ‘Galwan says Hi,’ which was a reaction to a statement by Northern Army Command, Lieutenant General Upendra Dwivedi, who had commented about Defence Minister Rajnath Singh’s remarks on taking back Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK). Later, she deleted the tweet and apologised on social media. Later, Ashoke filed a complaint against Richa at the Juhu police station in Mumbai for mocking and insulting the Indian security forces with her comment.