Wife: Chitra Tripathi
Education: MBA In Marketing & Human Resource Management
Hometown: Banda, Uttar Pradesh
|Full name||Atul Kumar Agrawal Facebook – Atul Agrawal|
|Profession(s)||News Reporter, Anchor|
|Known For||Being the founder of the Hindi news channel Hindi Khabar|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Awards||• 2021: Bharat Gaurav Award
• 2022: 16th Edition Media Excellence Award
• 2022: Icons and Trailblazers Award
• 2022: Golden Star Icon Award
• 2022: Global India National Excellence Award
|Date of Birth||29 July|
|Birthplace||Banda, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Banda, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||DAV Inter College, Banda, Uttar Pradesh (1994)|
|College/University||• Mahatma Gandhi Chitrakoot Gramodaya Vishwavidyalaya, Haryana
• Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg
• Bundelkhand University, Jhansi
|Educational Qualification(s)||• BSc. in Applied Geology/Earth Science at Mahatma Gandhi Chitrakoot Gramodaya Vishwavidyalaya, Haryana (1994-1997)
• Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication at Mahatma Gandhi Chitrakoot Gramodaya Vishwavidyalaya (1997)
• MBA in Marketing & Human Resource Management at Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg (1999-2001)
• LLB at Bundelkhand University, Jhansi (2009-2012) LinkedIn – Atul Agrawal
|Religion||Hinduism Facebook – Atul Agrawal|
|Controversies||• FIR Against him for Domestic Violence
In 2016, she registered a complaint of domestic violence against her husband at the Police Station of Sector 24 in Noida. However, later, the couple sort-out the matter. Khabar Tak
• Filed a Fake Robbery Complaint
In 2021, Agrawal posted a message on Facebook claiming that he had been robbed near Noida Extension. He said that while he was driving his Safari car, a group of five people on motorcycles stopped him near a police booth. Agrawal stated that one of the individuals showed a gun and asked for his valuables when he pulled down his car window. Surprisingly, Agrawal didn't report the incident to the police. However, the Noida Police started an investigation after seeing his post on social media. During their investigation, they found evidence that showed Agrawal had actually been at an OYO hotel at the time he claimed to have been robbed. This proved that the robbery complaint was fake. A team of five COG officers worked on the case. The Noida Police addressed the media and criticized Agrawal for making up a false robbery story. The police said,
"We investigated all electronic and CCTV evidence pertaining to the alleged incident. The scribe had alleged the robbery had taken place around 1 am near Hindon Pul after which he went home. It was found through CCTV footage that he had reached an Oyo hotel room in Sector 121 after 1 am where he spent the night. The distance between the hotel room and his house indicate that it was not possible that the incident occurred.”
The Noida Police gathered digital evidence that proved Agrawal had paid for an OYO hotel room using his bank account. Additionally, CCTV footage confirmed that Agrawal was indeed present at the hotel during the reported time.
"Taking all these pieces of evidence into consideration, it was proved that there has been no robbery incident with Atul Agarwal and this fake case was spread on social media by him due to his personal reasons."
The police further stated that during their investigation, they found out that Agrawal had gone to the house of a female friend for dinner on June 19 at around 7 pm. According to one of Agrawal's colleagues, he left the friend's house at approximately 10:40 pm after receiving a phone call from his wife, Chitra. The Indian Express
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Chitra Tripathi (reporter, journalist)|
|Marriage Date||23 November 2008
|Children||Son- Aum Agrawal
|Parents||Father- Shankar Dyal Agrawal
Mother- Name Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Atul Agrawal
- Atul Agrawal is an Indian news reporter and anchor, who is well-known in the field of journalism. He is the founder of Hindi Khabar, a Hindi news channel. He has more than 20 years of experience in journalism. His wife is the famous Indian reporter Chitra Tripathi.
- Atul was raised in Banda, Uttar Pradesh.
- During his college days, he had a keen interest in performing on stage and took part in various plays.
- His career as a news anchor started in March 2002 with the news channel Doordarshan Kendra in New Delhi. After working there for nearly two years started working as an associate producer and anchor at Zee Media Corporation Ltd.
- In March 2005, Atul Agrawal joined Network18 Media & Investments Ltd. in Noida as a news anchor and senior producer. He worked there for over two years. During his time there, he covered the story Maya Sting Operation, exposing Hindu Gurus and Saints.
- In November 2007, Atul Agrawal began working at News24 in Noida as an AEP/senior anchor. While there, he covered two significant stories: the Cash for Vote scam in Lok Sabha and a special report on the Delhi Blast.
- In November 2008, he joined Voice of India Television Network in Noida, taking on the role of group editorial head. He worked there for almost a year. In March 2010, Atul became the channel head for India News Bihar & Jharkhand at India News. He reported on a special report about the union rail budget presented by Mamata Banerjee.
- Between October 2011 and March 2012, Atul worked as an associate executive editor and anchor at Sai Prasad Group of Companies in Noida. In April 2012, he became an executive editor at Samachar Plus in Noida. Some of the notable stories he covered on this channel were the exposed conspiracy against IPS Uday Shanker Jaiswal, a live interview with Lokayukt of Uttar Pradesh NK Mehrotra, and the intriguing story titled “Pagal Ho Gayi Panchayat.”
- After spending around two years at Samachar Plus, Atul Agrawal joined News18 India in New Delhi, as an executive producer. He hosted a news show named “Bulletin with Atul Agrawal” on the channel.
- In December 2015, Atul worked as an editor for News World India in Noida. He has also worked with the news channel IBN7 Live.
- In June 2016, Atul Agrawal started his Hindi news channel Hindi Khabar.
- Additionally, in the same month, he established an international consulting company called MBIZ Tech Consulting Pvt. Ltd., headquartered in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Apart from his news channel, Atul is known for hosting popular TV shows like “News Show Jo Kahunga Sach Kahunga” and “Big Bulletin.”
- He has also worked as an event manager for various TV productions, managed satellite affiliations & operations, handled brand positioning, maintained relationships, and utilized web analytics.
- During his free time, Atul Agrawal enjoys travelling to different destinations.
- He frequently goes to various religious places with his family.
- Atul has been playing cricket for a few years and has been a member of several cricket clubs such as Delhi Panthers.
- Atul occasionally consumes alcohol at parties and events.