Husband: Ashish Kumar Singh
Caste: Kurmis (OBC)
Age: 40 Years
|Full Name||Anupriya Singh Patel|
|Political Party||Apna Dal|
|Political Journey||2009: Became the President of Apna Dal
2012: Elected to the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly from the Rohaniya constituency in Varanasi
2014: Elected to the Lok Sabha from the Mirzapur Constituency in Uttar Pradesh
2016: In July, became the Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare
2019: Re-elected to the Lok Sabha from the Mirzapur Constituency in Uttar Pradesh
2021: Took oath as a Minister of State on 7 July
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 62 kg
in Pounds- 137 lbs
|Date of Birth||28 April 1981|
|Age (as of 2021)||40 Years|
|Birthplace||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|College||Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Delhi,
Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
|Educational Qualifications||Master's degrees in Psychology and Masters in Business Administration (MBA)|
|Family||Father- Sone Lal Patel (Founder of Apna Dal)
Mother- Krishna Patel (President of Apna Dal)
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Pallavi Patel
|Address||House No. 292A, Baraudha Purbi, Mirzapur UP-231001|
|Major Controversies||• In 2015, she was expelled by her mother, Krishna Patel, for alleged anti-party activities.
• In June 2016, she posted a controversial tweet for which she was criticized for using foul language.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Husband||Ashish Kumar Singh (married 2009)|
|Children||Sons- Not Known
Daughters- Not Known
|Salary (as a Lok Sabha Member)||Rs. 1 Lakh + Other Allowances|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 2.69 Crore|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anupriya Patel
- Does Anupriya Patel smoke?: No
- Does Anupriya Patel drink alcohol?: No
- She belongs to “Kurmis,” which are categorized as OBCs.
- Before coming into politics, she used to teach at Amity University.
- Her first political success came in the year 2012 when she was elected an MLA from Rohaniya in Varanasi.
- She contested the elections in alliance with Bundelkhand Congress and Peace Party of India during the 2012 Assembly Elections of Uttar Pradesh.
- In 2014, she was elected as a Member of Parliament (MP) from the Mirzapur Constituency in Uttar Pradesh.
- Her father, Sone Lal Patel, died in a Road accident in 2009 after twelve days of her marriage.
- After her father’s death, she and her mother, Krishna Patel, had been involved in a rift; claiming the legacy of her father.
- On 5th July 2016, the Modi Cabinet appointed her Minister of State in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.