|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 72 kg
in Pounds- 158 lbs
|Date of Birth||28 December 1968|
|Age (as of 2022)||54 Years|
|Birthplace||Indore, Madhya Pradesh|
|College||Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi.|
|Educational Qualifications||Diploma in Mass Communication|
|Family||Father- Not Known
Mother- Not Known
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Hobbies||Reading novels and books|
|Controversies||• In November 2013, a Media Sarkar sting operation aired allegedly showing several leaders of the Aam Aadmi Party agreeing to assist in land deals and other financial arrangements in return for cash donations. The party responded by calling the footage fabricated, a violation of the Model Code of Conduct and threatening to sue Media Sarkar and any TV channels that aired the video. Thereafter Chaurasia was sued for defamation by the party national secretary, who alleged that the sting operation was faked to harm the party's fame.
• In August 2013, the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee filed charges against India News for repeatedly airing an interview with a spokesman for Asaram Bapu which allegedly contained factually incorrect statements about a series of sexual assault allegations against him. In December 2013, criminal charges were also brought against Chaurasia alleging that he had personally tampered with documents related to the sexual assault allegations.
• Arrest Warrant for ‘intentionally avoiding’ POCSO trial: On 2 November 2022, a special POCSO court in Gurugram issued a non-bailable warrant against Deepak Chaurasia for ‘intentionally avoiding’ POCSO trial. Chaurasia and eight others are accused of broadcasting ‘edited,’ ‘obscene’ videos of a child and linking them to the Asaram rape case. Newslaundry
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Children||Son- Not Known
Daughter- Not Known
Note- He has one child
Some Lesser Known Facts About Deepak Chaurasia
- Does Deepak Chaurasia smoke?: Yes
- After his education, Deepak cofounded Aaj Tak.
- Deepak joined DD News as a consulting editor in 2003.
- He returned to Aaj Tak in July 2004.
- Deepak later joined STAR News which became ABP News.
- Currently, he is editor in chief of India News.
- His Show “Tonight with Deepak Chaurasia” is very popular.
- In December 2021, he was heavily trolled on social media when he appeared in an inebriated state on-air while paying tribute to CDS General Bipin Rawat. A video of Chaurasia went viral on social media in which the journalist was paying tribute to Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) General Bipin Rawat, who was killed in a tragic helicopter crash in Tamil Nadu’s Coonoor on 8 December 2021 along with his wife Madhulika Rawat and 11 more. In the viral video, Chaurasia was spotted speaking in a peculiar way that made several social media users wonder if he was in an inebriated state while hosting the show. In the video, Chaurasia can also be heard referring to General Bipin Rawat as VP Singh.
What happened to @DChaurasia2312? Is he not well? Why was he removed from his show 'Desh ki Behas' in mins? Why is his show not uploaded on YT? Didn't look like he was in his usual sense. Nothing he spoke made sense too. Referred to Gen Bipin Rawat as VP Singh & many such errors pic.twitter.com/7YBSUV3TFl
— Mohammed Zubair (@zoo_bear) December 10, 2021