Death Date: 11/10/2002
Age: 80 Years
Death Cause: Heart Attack
|Birth name||Dina Gandhi Sangeet Natak|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 157 cm
in meters- 1.57 m
in feet & inches- 5’1”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film: Kariyavar (1948) - Raju
|Last Film||Pinjar (2003) as Rahim's Mausi
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Sangeet Natak Akademi Award (1980)
• Government of Gujarat's Merit Award (Theatre) for (2000–2001)
|Date of Birth||4 March 1922|
|Birthplace||Amreli, Baroda State, British India|
|Date of Death||11 October 2002|
|Place of Death||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Age (at the time of death)||80 Years|
|Death Cause||Heart Attack The Times of India|
|College/University||St. Xavier's College
University of Bombay
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
|Husband/Spouse||Baldev Pathak (Fashion Designer)
• Ratna Pathak (Actress)
• Supriya Pathak (Actress)
• Shanta Gandhi
• Tarla Mehta
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dina Pathak
- Dina Pathak was a popular Indian actress, who has been part of Hindi cinema for six decades and contributed to over 120 films in Bollywood.
- Dina Pathak was born during a pre-independence era, therefore she was active during the independence movement that led to her being expelled from college.
- Dina Pathak completed her BA degree from the University of Bombay and joined Indian National Theatre.
- Dina Pathak was a student activist during her college years and got associated with a folk theatre from Gujarat called Bhavai theatre, which was a medium to create awareness about the British rule among the people.
- Dina Pathak played the lead in the play “Mena Gurjari” which, was widely acclaimed by the audience. She even performed in the same play at Rashtrapati Bhavan for President Dr. Rajendra Prasad.
- Dina Pathak was associated with IPTA (Indian People’s Theatre Association) and had opened her own theatre group “Natmandal”.
- Gol Maal (1979) and Khoobsurat (1980) were two of the most prominent films of her career for which, she still remembered by her fans around the world.
- Her husband, Baldev Pathak who regarded himself as India’s first designer as he used to design clothes for Rajesh Khanna and Dilip Kumar. He passed away at the age of 52 years.
- She was a fairly successful artist in Gujarati Industry. Some of her notable performances in Gujarati films and theatre were Moti Ba, Malela Jeev, Bhawani Bhavai, Dinglegar, and Doll’s House.
- Ratna Pathak was offered a role in Khoobsurat (2014) which, was initially played by her mother Dina Pathak in the movie.
- Dina Pathak shared the screen with her daughter, Supriya Pathak, in the TV show Khichdi (2002).
- Dina Pathak has served as the president of the National Federation of Indian Women (NFIW).
- Dina Pathak has been part of several Hollywood projects as well such as The Guru (1969), A Passage to India (1984), and Bollywood/Hollywood (2002).