|Real Name||Indira Chattopadhyaya|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 160 cm
in meters- 1.60 m
in feet inches- 5’ 3”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark brown|
|Date of Birth||26 April 1948|
|Age (as in 2017)||69 Years|
|Birth Place||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|College||Did not attend|
|Educational Qualification||High school Graduate|
|Film Debut||Bengali: Balika Badhu (1967)
Hindi: Anuraag (1972)
|Family||Father- Prantosh Chattopadhyaya (Army)
Mother- Not Known
|Address||Gitanjali building, Khar, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Watching movies, listening to music, travelling, cooking|
|Favourite Actors||Dev Anand, Rishi Kapoor
|Favourite Actresses||Tanuja, Kajol, Tabbu|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husband/Spouse||Jayant Mukherjee (Director, producer)
|Marriage Date||Year 1972|
Daughters- Payal (Works for Disney), Megha (Actress, social worker)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Moushumi Chatterjee
- Does Moushumi Chatterjee smoke?: Not known
- Does Moushumi Chatterjee drink alcohol?: Not known
- Moushmi was just 10 when she did her first film ‘Balika Badu’ (1967). Notably, she won BFJA Award for Best Actress for the movie.
- When she was only 15, one of her close aunts was on the death bed and wished to see Moushmi’s wedding. Hence she got married at such a young age.
- Her father-in-law, a playback singer (by profession), was the one who convinced her to do her first Hindi film ‘Anurag’ (1972).
- Moushmi was the first Indian women to start her career in the Film Industry as a lead actress after getting married.
- She became a mother of a baby girl at the age of 18. People thought it would be the end of this leading lady’s career. However, the birth of her daughter proved to be lucky for her, as she gave back-to-back hits, resulting in getting more work.
- Moushmi Chatterjee was the sixth highest paid actress in Bollywood and the highest paid actress in Bengali film industry, during the period of 70’s.
- She was the first choice for the lead role in the movie ‘Guddi’ (1971). But she was pregnant at the time and had to turn down the offer. Later the role went to Jaya Bachchan and the film became a huge hit.
- Due to her pregnancy, the song ‘Hai Hai Yeh Majboori’ from the film ‘Roti, Kapda Aur Makaan’ (1974) also went to Zeenat Aman. The song was first to be filmed on Moushmi Chatterji.
- She is also a social worker and had started working with Mother Teresa at an early age. Mother Teresa was very close to her and even wrote a poem for her.
- She was very close to Vinod Khanna’s family and used to baby sit his children when her husband and Vinod Khanna used to go for parties.
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography